I figured I'd give an update on just me. I'm doing good. I am emotional, anxious, and busy. I honestly wonder how other moms do it? By 8-8:30 every night I'm ready for bed and I wake up exhausted. The only time I feel better is when I take naps on Saturday and Sundays. I just am pure exhausted. I sit here, wondering, do all moms feel this exhausted, all the time? Is this the new normal? Travis worries that I may have low Vitamin D or something that is causing my tiredness. It has been a very cold and long winter. We have yet to have spring weather consistently. I have an appointment to check that and to check on my anxiety.
Being a mom has brought new anxieties. Am I doing the right thing? Am I raising him the right way? Am I making the "right" decision? Then add all the advice that is against how I want to raise Eli. The "disapproval" of my parenting decisions. Today's parenting looks a lot different from ten, twenty, and thirty years ago. This is adding a lot of anxiety. I'm hoping to put my anxiety into it's place.
Also, I found out that my father's side of the family has Leiden Factor 5. It's a blood clotting disorder. I got tested and am positive for heterozygous Leiden Factor 5, which is the better between heterozygous and homogenous. I just need to watch out for blood clots. There isn't much I can do. It may affect me or I may never have a symptom.
I am busy, busy, busy. If I'm not grading papers, folding clothes, or taking care of Eli, I am trying to squeeze in time on Facebook or catching up with Travis. I daily have to remind myself that dishes can wait, Eli's childhood will not. I struggle with getting everything done. I constantly feel behind on one thing or another. Next week will be an added chore: I'm taking a grad class for my permanent certificate. I will be thankful for when I have my permanent certificate! I just feel overloaded at times. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't trade it for anything.
I am blessed. I can't get over how incredible and amazing it is that less then a year ago, we were waiting for Eli. Two years ago, I was impatiently waiting to get pregnant. I honestly find myself crying all the time when I read Eli his book, God Gave Us You. Like seriously, all the time! I feel so blessed. He amazes me everyday. He is so curious, mischievous, and all boy! I can't wait to see where God is taking my family.
No comments:
Post a Comment