Friday, June 27, 2014

12 Months.... 1 Year

       This past week, little Elijah turned 1 year old! He is not a baby. I may or may not have cried over him growing up so big. I do realize that he HAS to grow up, but I just wish it wasn't so fast. This year has gone too fast. I feel like it was just yesterday I was anticipating his birth, waiting in the hospital, and feeling him move in my belly. I remember his squishy little body that I could hold easily, now he is much bigger and much squirmier. He has grown so much, not only in stature, but intellectually. He is sooo smart and amazes me everyday with what he learns.
     His birthday was great! All his cousins came to his birthday! The theme was farm animals, since he is kinda obsessed with animals. He loves animals sooo much! His first official word was "cat," besides Mama and Dada. He had a blast swimming for the first time in his grandma's pool. He loved his cupcake and watermelon. He really enjoyed spending time with his cousins!
   His doctor's appointment went well! He is 22 lbs and 6 ozs. He is 31.5 inches tall. He had blood withdrawn to check for iron levels. He also had 3 vaccine shots. Poor baby! Fingers crossed he doesn't get a fever or chickenpox(that happened to my niece)! I'm super hoping he does well as we are driving to my sister's house in a couple days. I asked about his lip-tie causing a gap in his teeth and apparently it's suppose to either close on its own or in the future we will get it clipped. Also, we are suppose to keep an eye on his wheezing to see if it's related to allergies. That was the pediatrician's guess. Overall, he is doing well! :)

12 month leaps and bounds:
  • He is officially walking! He can walk really far, even if he falls a couple times! 
  • He is smart. He will accidentally drop a toy near something he isn't suppose to play with, so he has a reason for it.
  • He eats everything! He loves fruits and veggies!
  • He can say "cat," "Jack," "yes," and "da"(for dog).
  • He makes the milk sign for milk/drink/food.
  • He has an uncanny ability to find any cellphone in his range(he is obsessed).
  • He can start to sort his shapes into their holes.
  • He loves his water-table.
  • He likes to poke people's and animal's eyes. I hope this is a phase he'll grow out of soon!
  • He tries to color.
  • He responds to "no" when he wants too!
  • He is starting to use a spoon and fork.
  • He has 5 teeth, 3 on bottom and 2 on top!
Here are some pictures:

No comments:

Post a Comment