Sunday, October 5, 2014

15 Months

   Little man is growing in so many ways! He went to his 15th month check-up. He is 32" tall(WHO 76%) and 23 lbs. 13.6 oz(WHO 65%). He is a tall skinny boy! The doctor said he was right on track developmentally. He walks well. He can play play by rolling or throwing the ball back. He can follow simple commands. He can use his spoon/fork pretty well.
    He is such a silly boy! His new thing is when his show is over or music stops, he'll put his hand up and ask, "what?" It's the cutest thing! He also has started singing "hot dog" from Mickey Mouse Club House! It's adorable. He is impressing me everyday with his new words and new things. He walked backwards the other day and blew my mind! Today, he decided to walk in circles, making himself dizzy. He has also started imaginative play with his toys. He read to his stuffed animals the other day. He also carries them to and from bed. He has two main stuff animals, "Lucky" from 101 Dalmatians and a monkey from Kolhs Cares. He is quite the independent boy. He is content playing in the living room by himself.
    He also had his first cold of the season and it was awful! Poor guy. He did a lot of cuddling, laying around, and Mickey Mouse Club House. He also was getting his molar. I think another molar might be coming, but I'm not sure.
    I am growing as a mommy too! I used to think it was my way or no way when it came to my parenting decisions. But through a lot of things lately, I have realized that as long as your children are cared for, loved, and safe. Those decisions, breastfed or formula, co-sleeping or crib, ect aren't important, but rather that the child is well cared for, loved, and safe. Obviously, I still have strong views and convictions about car seats and other safety devices. But everything else is dependent on the family values. Not everyone is going to agree with our parenting choices. (Like letting him watch Mickey Mouse Club House).
     Sometimes when I look over at him, I am overcome with emotion. I feel completely blessed by God to have such a creative, active, little boy. I didn't think I would get this bundle of Joy. Here he is smiling, laughing, and so silly. He has brought some much light into our house. I thank God regularly for him. I am overcome with emotion, because it goes quick and I'm afraid of missing it. I keep trying to put all these memories tucked away for when he is older and on his own. I love holding him in my arms and there will be a day where he refuses my hugs. I sneak in raspberries on the tummy and lots of laughs, one day it will be uncool. I give him lots of kisses, because one day he will stop wanting a kiss. I'm taking, or trying to take, this moments and locking them away the future.
So big driving my mini coup!

My boys who hold my heart! <3


15 month leaps and bounds:


  • He is super mobile! He is running, climbing, and can even walk backwards!
  • He is smart. He is figuring out so many new things. He can stack blocks and build with his Mega Blocks.
  • His words as of now: mom, dad, da (dog), at(cat),  Jack, side(outside), no, yes, this(or that), light, more, what?, hot, and hotdog.
  • He makes the sign for more and even says it!
  • He loves playing outside(loves and asks all the time!), playing with mega blocks and wooden blocks, his stuffed animals and will now carry them around, and reading books(he wants to read all the time).
  • He tries to color and paint.
  • He likes to watch Mickey Mouse Club House
  • He has 9 teeth, 4 on bottom and 4 on top! He also has a bottom molar!

No comments:

Post a Comment