Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Apt. Update

So, I am my annual exam/make a plan appointment. The exam went well especially since I was really nervous about having the NP do my pap. She goes to my church and we "know" each other. But it went much better than expected. She talked through the whole thing and made it a lot less awkward. I really like her and will probably stay with her until she can't do anymore and I have to go to a fertility specialist, if it gets that far. I really want her as my midwife because I have only heard good things about her.
It has been 7 months since I started trying and about 2 months since my diagnosis of PCOS and being put on Metformin. She is putting me on Extended Release Metformin, as I am still getting sick. We discussed my plan. She asked about being put on Clomid and I said I definitely want Dear Hubby to get a Sperm Analysis before Clomid. So, she is having DH do a SA. She also wants to do a HSG in December. An HSG is when they put dye through the fallopian tubes to make sure the tubes are not blocked. I am really nervous about having a HSG done. I heard how much it hurts and it makes me nervous. But, she said they need to rule everything out. Then in January we start Clomid. I don't mind waiting until January, as I really want to see if Metformin will help at all. I am excited/nervous about starting Clomid. I really want a baby, but to only be able to do 6 cycles, puts pressure on.

No comments:

Post a Comment