Tuesday, September 24, 2013

3 months

    OMG.... Yesterday my little man turned 3 months. How did this happen? He is getting so big! I'm not sure how long or how much he weighs, as he hasn't been to the doctor in a few weeks. He is growing like a weed and doing amazing!
     He usually sleeps through the night 8-11 hours. If he does wake, it's only once and he will eat and go back to sleep. It's funny though. It'll feed him and he'll be wide awake. I put him down in the pack-n-play and he will babble himself to sleep. It's soo cute!
     I thought back to the beginning with breastfeeding and I am so glad I did it! I got through the rough patch. I love nursing him and watching him eat. He will put his tiny hand on me while he nurses or grabs my shirt and it melts my heart every time. I love it!
      I can't believe that my body grew him and now it sustains him, just me! God made our body to do amazing things. I thank God for the amazing gift he gives us women. I look at him and am amazed everyday. I never knew how beautiful motherhood could be, regardless of the baby puke on my clothes and the bags under my eyes. I love him so much. Being a mother is such a gift and I am blessed everyday. Just think that last year at this time we were taking our first steps to Eli. Our first appointment with the fertility clinic was Sept. 22. :) A year later, I am holding a beautiful baby boy.
Here are some pictures:
Holding up his head
   
Let the drooling begin!    
   3 month Pictures:





Leaps and Bounds:
   * Drools and chews on hands.
   * Laughs and Smiles at us
   *Babbles(Love this!)
   *Reaches for toys and sometimes holds them, especially his monkey wubbanub.
   * Loves patty cake!
   *Lift his head and hold it up.
   *Holds his hands together(he does this all the time)
   * Has breastfeeding down and does okay with a bottle.
   * Had his first long babysitting day with Grandma.
   * Rolls over from tummy to back.
   * stares at his hanging toys and will bat at them to make them move.
  * Sleeps usually through the night 8-11 hours(if he does wake up, it's only once). He can also put himself to sleep in his crib without crying.

How am I doing?
    I am doing good. I got through leaving him with Grandma and now Bethany, his future babysitter. He does well with Grandma and bottles. I did well. I cried a lot over leaving him for the NY Giants game. It was so hard. I didn't want to leave him, but I really wanted to see a real live NY Giants game with my husband. I made it through. I enjoyed it! I think it really helped to be able to leave Eli, especially with school being only 1.5 weeks away. I go to work soon and I will have to leave him. It breaks my heart. I wish I didn't have to go back, but I know I'll get into the swing of things and it won't be so bad. Plus, I get summers and breaks off. Plus, SNOW DAYS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment