Eli was two months on Friday. OMG, how did this happen? He is growing soo big. Today was his pediatrician appointment. Holy smokes, he is 13.5 lbs and 24 inches in length. He is healthy and hitting his milestones! His pediatrician handled all my first time mom questions with patience, just telling me everything was normal. His reflux is much better with zantac, he only spits up a lot if it's close to his next dose time or mommy forgot one day! :( He does have a mild flat spot on his head because he likes to sleep looking right. So, we got a few ideas for helping him sleep on his left side. The pediatrician wasn't worried about it and thought it would revert to normal when he gets older.
He is soo amazing! He continues to amaze me everyday. His favorite toy right now is his monkey, probably because it's the only one he has most of the time. He will grab with monkey wubbanub and turn it around! He will also hit the toys hanging on his bouncer seat. He likes to be sung to. I've been singing "You are My Sunshine" and "Where is Thumbkin?" to him. He loves ceiling fans and lights. Sometimes he would rather stare at the ceiling fan or light rather than mommy. It makes me sad. He still doesn't love tummy time, but we are getting there. He can hold his head up pretty well. I think I can say(knock on wood) that he has breastfeeding down! I do have to fix his latch occasionally. He also will take a bottle, as long as its really warm.
Here are some pictures:
2 month pictures:
First Park: He loves looking up under trees.
Making bubbles:
A Special onesie: Worth the Wait: Dear friends of ours gave us this onesie right after we found out we were expecting our little miracle. They struggled a long time before having their little adorable miracle baby girl. They knew our journey and had to pass it one to us. We hope and pray we can pass it on to another couple that has struggled with infertility.
Leaps and Bounds:
* Smiles and laughs(sometimes at us, but a lot at the ceiling fan-lol)
* Coos and makes various sounds
* Raise his chest when doing tummy time.
* Sometimes still rolls over by kicking his feet
* Grasps and moves his monkey wubbanub and hair(when I have it down)
* Makes a lot of facial expressions
* Watches mommy and daddy move across the room
* Kicks himself in a circle when on tummy
* Inches himself on his activity mat when on his tummy
* Makes bubbles with mouth
* Gives first morning smiles when he wakes up
How I am doing?
Good. I am struggling with being super emotional. I've been really freaking out about going back to work in 6 weeks. I really wanted to be a stay at home mom and am struggling that soon I have to leave him for 8 hours and work. I don't want to miss out on anything: his first steps, first crawling, ect. We tried so long for him and I don't want to just pass him on to someone else to basically raise while I work. I'm going to be a crying mess in 5 weeks! I am trying to soak up this time and enjoy it. One of the positives of being a teacher is all the holiday breaks and summer break to look forward to enjoying with him, not to mention snow days! He will be in capable hands, I know. But its going to be rough!
Friday will be our first date leaving him with Grandma. Pray that I'll get through it! It's going to be rough, but I have to. In three weeks, we are going to a Giants game all day. This is a short trial run. I may cry leaving him, but I have to let go a little bit to get ready for work and the game. :(






No comments:
Post a Comment