Saturday, October 26, 2013

4 months old!

       Wednesday, little man turned 4 months old. He is amazing me everyday! He is growing so fast and is turning into a little mover. He can kick with his feet off his mat and a foot or so. He has gotten so good at it. He is now rolling from back to tummy a lot. He is doing great! He also grabs and plays with toys now. His favorite thing to do is suck on blankets and put stuff animals in his mouth. Silly boy!
    I went back to work this month and it's going. I had a really rough two weeks, thankfully my husband pitched in a lot around the house. He made dinners and cleaned up the house. It was so helpful. We are still adjusting to the new routine. I am so exhausted, between getting up early to pump, getting up 1-2 times a night, and working. But it's going!
       My babysitter is great! She takes Eli on daily walks, reads to him, and gives him soo much love! <3 She does a great job and we are lucky to have her. Eli does great with bottles now! He didn't regress at breastfeeding, much to my relief! I pump enough. The pumping is going okay. I don't like pumping at work(and would rather just feed him), but I it's something I have to do. There are some days, I pump less, but it's going well. This weekend I'm hoping to make some lactation cookies! I also have to remind myself to drink more!
    My job is going well! I had to play a lot of catch up from the beginning of the school year. There had been a lot of new things this year, especially the new teacher evaluations, which I had to learn. But it's going well. Teaching middle school English is going well and I like it so far. I am getting ready to teach "Stargirl," I'm kinda excited about it! My learning support job at the high school is going well also. I really do like teaching and working with the kids. I enjoy these age levels. You can do so much with them!
    Here are some great pictures from this past month:
First Trip to the Pumpkin Farm!

A boy and His daddy!

4 months already!

4 months and a flirt!

4 Months and EVERYTHING goes in my mouth!
First Trip to the Pumpkin Farm


Fall




 Eli's 4 Month Leaps and Bounds:
* Rolls from Back to Tummy
* Constantly sucking his fingers or hands.
* Pulls his frog on his bouncer chair to make noise and hits the others off the velcro
*Kicks himself on his back at least a foot.
*Has the bottle finally down and sometimes helps hold it.
*Shows interest in toys and holds them.
* loves to suck on blankets
* Has great head control.
* sits with assistance
* Continues to smile and babble and laugh out loud
* likes peek-a-boo
* makes raspberry noises
* loves to stand with assistance
* also loves to look out the window and watch cars
* Sleeps anywhere from 7-9 until 5-7 and has 1-2 wake-ups. We regressed a little with sleeping, but I think it's because he is learning new things. He also will sleep on his side and most recently will roll to his belly and sleep.

How am I doing? I'm doing okay. I miss him terribly sometimes at work. Right now, I worry I'm gong to miss out when he starts crawling and it bugs me. But he is doing well at the babysitter's and I'm glad it's going well. My husband and I are adjusting as it's been rough with both of us working, taking care of a baby and him taking on-line classes full-time. But we are doing it! :) I have lost so much weight, even a student from last year said that I looked a lot different. I weighed 210 when I got pregnant and I am down to 195. I wish I could say that's it's because I am being healthy, but it's not. I don't make time to work out, because honestly I am plum tired at the end of the day. I'm also not on a diet, but I attempt to eat okay. I wonder if I'm losing weight because my hormones are leveling out from PCOS because of the pregnancy. I worry I'll pack it back on, especially when I'm done breastfeeding. But I'm doing well. I hold Eli and stare at him in wonder and thank God that he chose me to be Eli's mommy. It's the hardest job to be a mom, but the best job in the world. I am so grateful that I am blessed, even with the 3 am wake-ups and spit up in my hair(this happened yesterday before work).
  Oh, I wanted to share this verse to all working moms:"She gets up while it is still dark;
she provides food for her family."  Proverbs 31:15 It helped remind me that God gave me a career to help raise and support my family, including little man. I do get up while it's still dark to get ready for school! This helped me a lot with going back to work.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment