Today was his 4 month check up(a little late) and he is doing great! He is 17 lbs and 5.5 ozs. and 26.5 inches long. He is sooo big. He is in about the 85th percentile for both. He is going to be a tall kid! The doctor asked all sorts of milestone questions and he is making them all! He has started rolling short distances around the living room. He is also able to sit up unassisted for a few seconds.
We talked to the doctor about solids. She said since he is breastfed, he doesn't need solids until he is 6 months. It's only 2 months away! A new milestone not far away. He'll be able to feast at Christmas with everyone else. We are already practicing sitting in his high chair and he loves watching mom get things around in the morning in it.
We also talked to her about how to start solids. She said to go right into rice cereal, but I am hesitant. I've read mixed information about it. Some say it's bad because of white rice, obesity, and arsenic and others say its good to start with it because it's bland and the most nonallergic food. Travis and I have to research it and decide what's right for us. I don't think it will kill him to have rice cereal, but it's definitely something we have to learn more about. If we do it, I think I want to find a brown rice that maybe organic.
He also had shots, but took them like a champ! It helped that daddy was there to make him laugh.
I can't believe how big he has gotten. We saw a newborn at the dr. apt and it seems soo long ago that he was that little. I looked at his newborn photos and even his face has changed so much! Here is a picture of him at the doctor's:

No comments:
Post a Comment