He got a Smart Train set for his birthday and just recently is able to put tracks together. He will look at the tracks and figure out how the tracks go together. He also has the wooden puzzles from Melissa and Doug with the knobs and he figures them out immediately. He got one for Christmas and the first time he did it, he figured it out! He amazes me with how smart he is. It might be because I'm his mom, but I think he is super smart! I can't believe that just 1.5 years ago, he was just a few days old. They grow so incredibly fast.
He is also super sweet. He will brush the hair out of my face ever so gently. He gives the best hugs. His body melts into yours and he even gives back pats. It's the best. God truly blessed me with this little guy. Also, when he is bad, he'll give me kisses or hugs to make it better. It's so stinking cute. How can I be mad after that?
His antics are crazy. I say things in the house, I never thought I would. Eli, stop drinking from the dog's water dish(as he is lapping like a dog). Eli, stop putting your face in the toilet. (He wasn't in the water yet, thank God). He will poke people's eyes out. He will slap you awake if you pretend to sleep. He also doesn't understand how to gently hand you a book, he throws it at you(ugh....I have the marks to prove it). Unfortunately, with these antics must come discipline. We are working on time-outs.
We have been working on body parts. He knows eyes, ears, mouth, nose, head, hair, toes and belly button. It was so funny for a few weeks, he would poke his belly button constantly. It was as if he was making sure it was still there!
His word count has exploded: Mom, Da, Dog, Cat, Jack, Ma(Grandma), No, Ya-Ya(yes), shoes, ba(ball), ut(want?), light, more, jump, two (if you say one, he'll respond two), meow, roar(dinosaur), bow-wow, moo. I'm sure there are a few more, but I can't think of them. He comes up with new words every week.
His Halloween Costume: Dinosaur (Roar, as he would say)
Eli and I during one of our early snowstorms in November. He wasn't sure of the snow!
Eli and Santa
Eli and books.... how much he loves them!
Momma update: I've felt better. I am disappointed that my PCOS symptoms are starting to return. I'm nursing maybe twice a day(sometimes more or less) and I've gained a lot of weight back.... BOO!! I'm not saying I eat great or that I exercise. But I wasn't ready to gain 10-20 pounds in a month or two. Ugh. :( I felt so great when I lost all this weight. I was starting to feel comfortable in my body. Now, I want to hide it. My clothes don't fit and feel blah. I also started having other symptoms. Thankfully I have a great NP, who I talked to and is being proactive. In addition to a diet change, I'm going to start Metformin. I hate being on the medicine, but I know it helps dealing with symptoms. The medicine makes me sick as my body gets used to it, so I'm not looking forward to it. But I also need to take control. My husband and I also want to start eating better, not just for us, but for Eli.




No comments:
Post a Comment