Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Joy Comes in the Morning!



    I've been holding a very big secret for about 3 weeks! We found we were pregnant in May! We are beyond excited. When my period had not shown up, I took a test  and a faint line showed up. I texted my big sis to make sure my eyes weren't playing tricks. She agreed, so with a shaking hand, I took another better test. It was positive too! My heart was literally bursting with joy. I couldn't contain it. I have never felt my heart beat so fast and hard in my life. I cried and thanked God for his amazing provision. We decided to keep it a secret, since unlike before, we hadn't had any ultrasounds yet.

      Flash forward to today. I had a scare. I was having slight spotting and I was freaking out. I was crying. It started slightly yesterday and continued today. I was a mess today. I was worried that we were losing the baby. I called the midwives, who were super-uber busy. They finally got back to me and were like "It's normal. You are probably fine." But since I hadn't had an dating ultrasound, they ordered one. I got in today after school. whew! Travis and I prayed at lunchtime that everything would go alright.
           I got to the ultrasound and they were confused. Apparently, they still had the order from my nurse practitioner that was checking infertility stuff. Opps! They got it straightened out and everything was amazing! The ultrasound tech was amazed at how well I was on the dot with how far along I was. 7 weeks tomorrow! We saw a flicker of a heartbeat and even saw the beginnings of the chambers. It amazes me how amazing God is! Baby "Z" was only a few cells just a few weeks ago and now he/she is a blueberry size with a heartbeat! The heartbeat was a good 142 beats per minute. It was strong.  So incredibly happy. They think the bleeding was still from implantation.

      The most ironic thing was that the Monday before I found out I was pregnant, I made an appointment for the fertility clinic. The next day, I found out that I was pregnant. <3 God works in mysterious ways.
        Eli has no idea what's going on. I tell him momma is going to have a baby and he is like so what? He does every now and then kiss my belly. It's adorable.
        I don't have many symptoms this time, which is why I've been so worried before today. I have occasional nausea, exhaustion(but not like last time where I fell asleep at 8, this time it hits me at 2-3pm), and major bloat! I'll take it all for baby Z(his/her nickname is after Zane, meaning God's gracious gift). <3

Psalm 126

When the Lord restored the fortunes of[a] Zion,
    we were like those who dreamed.[b]
Our mouths were filled with laughter,
    our tongues with songs of joy.

Then it was said among the nations,
    “The Lord has done great things for them.”
The Lord has done great things for us,
    and we are filled with joy.

Restore our fortunes,[c] Lord,
    like streams in the Negev.
Those who sow with tears
    will reap with songs of joy.

Those who go out weeping,
    carrying seed to sow,
will return with songs of joy,
    carrying sheaves with them.


   

No comments:

Post a Comment