Wednesday, July 22, 2015

13 weeks

                   It's hard to believe I'm 13 weeks pregnant. This summer has been a blur of naps, exhaustion, and trying to keep my energy up for Eli! He is one busy boy! His favorite thing to do right now is run around the house several times, it's hard to keep up with him after the first time! I'm beat!
   We were so lucky that with this pregnancy that the local pregnancy center needed volunteers for ultrasound practice! Wahoo! I had three free ultrasounds. I saw my baby several times over the past 6 weeks.  I am amazed at how much they change over the course of 6 weeks. The first ultrasound(7 weeks), Baby "Z" looked like a blob. At 10 weeks, he/she looked like a little gummy bear. But by 12 weeks, Baby "Z" looked like an actual baby.
7 Weeks- 161 HB
 

10 weeks- HB 178

12 weeks- HB 172

 
              Baby "Z" gave me a dance at 10 weeks. He/she was just wiggling and dancing. It was so special. It gave me chills watching baby "Z" dance. It gave the nurses and I smiles and joy. I had unbelievable joy. I wish my husband could be there, but he had to work.
             At 12 weeks, my husband could come. Baby "Z" gave him a dance, but I couldn't see it. I am a little sad that I missed out on that.
        I am amazed and joyful at our little miracle. I have this beautiful baby in our lives. We are blessed. We will have two children. This was our dream. I feel blessed and I can't even explain my joy. I am so thankful that God has granted my request and has fulfilled my dreams. (If you can't tell I'm emotional and am crying at the moment.) Four years ago, I prayed, cried, and was losing hope of ever having children, here I am with a 2 year old and another one on the way. I am so full of joy, real joy.
        "I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him." 1 Samuel 1:27
         "Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer." Romans 12:12
         "Clap your hands, all you nations; shout to God with cries of joy." Psalm 47:1
 
  I am trying to enjoy my pregnancy. I forgot how icky I felt with Eli. But I will take it. I am making a little baby. It's worth it. I do feel like sometimes I feel flutters of maybe Baby "Z"s movements. I'm not sure, but I think I do. This gives me smiles and happiness. I am also showing a lot quicker than I did with Eli. I have a tiny bump, but it's not a solid baby bump yet.
 
Pregnancy Stats:How far along? 13 weeks and 2 days
How big is baby? Peach
How I'm feeling? Exhaustion and Nauseous
What I miss? Eating dinner!
Symptoms? I am exhausted and have nausea, especially around dinner.
Cravings? Slushies, Bruschetta, carbs
Highlights this week?   My second apt. at the midwives. I got to hear Baby "Z"'s little heartbeat. Heartbeat was in the 160s. He/she was moving away from the Doppler, probably because I had an ICEE before my appointment.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment