Eli went on a vacation to Virginia to see his cousins. We discovered that he is terrified of large aquamarine. He ran and clung to me when we took him to a nature center filled with large aquamarines with turtles and large fish. He had a blast with his cousins. He ran around their house with his cousins chasing him. It was so adorable. Now he says "Damon, Derek" at least four times a day. He loves and misses his cousins. It's so sweet.
Eli is starting to amaze me with language and words. He picked up "it's loading" from when we wait for Netflix or "epix" as Eli says it. He'll see something funny and he laughs and looks at me and says" it funny." He also says "I sorry" when he hurts someone(we've been working on him because he is sooo rough). "I watch it "when he wants to watch something. When he says thank you, he says it super quiet and says "dank you." He says "Hulk Smash" and makes the hand motion of the fists coming together. When he catches you, he says "gotcha."
The other day daddy and I were eating out with him. I had quasadillas and he had grilled cheese. He wanted one of mine and I shared it. Daddy said, "Tell mommy hers is better, becayse it's delicious." Eli said "Del-i-cious."
This morning, he looked at the TV and said, "It broken." He jumped off our bed, and ran to turn the TV on and said, "I fix it."
We have started prayers at night. We do a simple prayer. "Dear God, Thank you for........ Please help daddy's hand and Grandma's knee to get better. Amen." We make a list of what he is thankful for: momma, daddy, grandma, mocha, Frankie, Derek and Damon, ect. The other day it was TV(whoops!) and Mickey Mouse. When we say "Amen", he repeats Damon. So I think he thinks when I say amen, I mean Damon.
He also is being adorable. He grabs the sonogram picture of Baby Z off the TV stand and brings it to me saying " baby, baby, baby" pointing to the picture of the baby. We've been telling him that the baby is in mommy's belly and he'll point at my stomach and say "baby." The other day, he pulled up his shirt and pointed at his belly and say "baby." That made my day and then I explained that just mommy has a baby in her belly.
Travis and I sometimes hear the funny things he says and just are filled with laughter and joy. I can't believe how much he is talking and putting sentences together. It's so much easier to figure out what he wants! I am just taking it all in. <3
No comments:
Post a Comment