I can't believe that I am almost 30 weeks. In 10 weeks, we will meet my baby boy. I'm so excited! I'm excited to hold and cuddle a newborn, it's been about 2.5 years since I had a tiny babe in my arms. I'm excited to see Eli become a big brother. I think it will take some adjustment, but Eli is going to go crazy for a little brother! He seems to like babies.
I do feel guilty about the lack of preparation for him. This baby boy won't have a nursery really. He is staying in our room and when he is big enough, he'll share a room with Eli. So, I feel like I haven't really prepared for him. I remember searching and planning the perfect nursery with Eli. This little boy is getting nothing. When we build our house, I'll get to plan and create a perfect room for each of the boys. But for now, it's just a bassinet in our room. I feel like he is getting the shaft. We did so much to prepare for Eli, a big baby shower, prepared a nursery and it had to be perfect, and focused a lot on getting ready. I don't know if it's because we know what to expect and don't feel as if we need to prepare as much or we are so busy with Eli/work/school/holidays that we haven't had time to think about it. One thing I do know is that I am so excited for him to be here and he is loved more than he knows already. I talk to him, Eli talks to him. I smile every time I feel him move. We are super excited and happy to become a family of four!
This pregnancy is a lot different than Eli's was. I feel like it's more uncomfortable and can be more painful than Eli's. I am having a rough time at school. Being a teacher, I'm on my feet all day and there isn't much time to rest. If I have a break, I'm copying papers, taking work to kids in other rooms, and catching up with other teachers about ways to help students. I've been grateful for teachers willing to cover my room occasionally so I can pee. I'm making it work, but boy, am I exhausted at the end of the day! Even though, it's been a little rough, it's definitely worth it. I am looking forward to meeting him.
Stats!
How far along? 30 weeks
How big is baby? About the size of a cabbage (over 3 pounds)
How I'm feeling? Excited
What I'm most excited about: Meeting him, although it's another 10 weeks away!
How I'm changing? Bigger bump
What I miss? Being able to walk and do more things. I am definitely slowing down
Symptoms? hip/back pain, braxton hicks, exhaustion, heartburn, peeing constantly
Cravings? Sweets, as always
Highlights this week: Not much, him moving
Something I've done to prepare for baby: Ummm... poor baby, not much right now
Special moment: Eli will sometimes say good night or good morning to Baby boy and kisses my belly. It's so sweet. <3

No comments:
Post a Comment