I also feel a great responsibility. God gave me this blessing to teach, mold, and help grow. I need to help shape him into an amazing man. One day, he'll grow up and move out(which at this point makes this mama very sad to think about). My responsibility is to help him grow into the man God created him to be. It's so hard to think about him being a man. But I truly believe that you need to start from the beginning to help them grow into a responsible and respectful person.
Proverbs 22:6 New Living Translation (NLT)
"Direct your children onto the right path, and when they are older, they will not leave it."
Eli has been saying some amazing things. One day we stopped to get gas at a gas station. Eli suddenly pipes up in the
backseat that the numbers were broken. It took away to realize he was
talking about the price and gallon numbers climbing in the gas pump. He
was really concerned about them. The same day he saw clouds in the sky and said, "Oh, No! A storm is coming." I think it's from a Winnie the Pooh episode. It's amazing what he can pick up and apply. I was upset the other day and he tried to console me, "It's okay, mommy." He is so emphatic and sweet. He also gets into trouble for being too rough when playing with me and stepping on my belly. He'll get admonished and he'll say, "sorry, baby." He knows when he has made a bad choice and he is in trouble. He gets upset and shows remorse. He has been showing so many emotions lately.
No comments:
Post a Comment