Wow.... I am about a month away from my due date. It's so crazy that I will have a little man in my arms. I am so excited to have a little one again. I'm excited for Eli to have a baby brother. I am so excited for our family! We will have so many new changes, adventures, and so much love.
I know that it's going to be a rough transition for us all, but especially Eli. I can't lie, I am worried about his little heart. I know it's going to be hard for him. He is a momma's boy and wants mommy a lot. It's going to be hard for me as I know I will want to help with both boys, but won't be able to. It's going to be rough for both Travis and I getting used to caring for two boys and not just one, BUT I know that we can do it and that once we get over the initial rough transition, that we will grow together as a family and grow closer. My heart is going to grow so big and Eli is going to love having a little brother to grow up with! Travis is going to love having two boys!
How am I doing? I'm so over being pregnant. I've had a rough time this second time around. I am having a lot of braxton hicks. It's getting hard to go shopping or walk a lot. I don't remember being this way with Eli. Even when I rest, I still get braxton hicks. I had a couple bad ones this past couple of days. I'm exhausted. I slept most of Christmas and a lot yesterday. I think it's because I wasn't feeling well and Eli kept me up from him being sick on Christmas night. I'm having a lot of back/hip pain, but that is to be expected, especially chasing a 2 year old and getting on the floor with him. Today, I did get a wind and got a lot done. I'm exhausted now, though. His movements are starting to sting a little, he doesn't have a lot of space to move now! He likes to bounce on my bladder(fun times) and sometimes hits a nerve. But I wouldn't trade it for anything. I'm so excited to be his momma and am blessed by God to be able to have another boy.
I have these moments when I think back on my journey. There was a time I didn't think I was going to have one baby. It took us 20 months to get pregnant with Eli and another 11 to get pregnant with baby boy. I feel incredibly blessed. I refer to Eli as my miracle # 1 and baby boy, miracle # 2. I truly believe they are miracles. I know that we are blessed. Not everyone is able to get pregnant just once, but twice. I am so thankful for all my friends and family that prayed for me and listened to me cry. I'm thankful for a God that hears my prayers(and those of friends and family) and answers them. I pray (BUT know) that he will be with me as a continue this journey to birth and through raising these boys to know and honor him!
Random thought: When Eli was about 9 months? I went to the park. I was putting him in the car and a little boy looked at me and said, "what about your other boy?" I had to explain that I only had one boy. I thought it was strange and a little funny at that time. Looking back, I feel like it was a sign. <3
Stats!
How far along? (Almost)36 weeks
How big is baby? About the size of a romaine lettuce (about 6 pounds and 18.5 inches)
How I'm feeling? Exhausted and Tired
What I'm most excited about: Meeting him and being able to move easily!
How I'm changing? huge bump
What I miss? Sleeping easily and walking easily!
Symptoms? hip/back pain, braxton hicks, exhaustion, heartburn, peeing constantly
Cravings? Sweets, as always
Highlights this week: Not a lot. I start seeing the midwives weekly now.
Something I've done to prepare for baby: washed his clothes, packed his diaper bag

No comments:
Post a Comment