So, it all started Friday January 29th. I started to get contractions Friday night. But they were way irregular. I had them for a couple hours and then went to bed and they were gone. I lost hope. I was four whole days late. This was after everyone said he was going to come early. They even thought a New Years Day baby. Nope. He was 4 days late as of Friday. I had lost hope that he was going to even come at all!
Saturday morning, I had contractions again. They were irregular. They were anywhere between 15-8 minutes apart. I figured that they would fizzle out as well. I didn't want to lay around all day and I had a 5$ reward coupon for Kohls that needed to be used. We decided to head out to go to Target, Kohls, and lunch. I had contractions on and off all morning. Eli on the way up sang his made up song, "I go to Target, I go to Target, I go to Target..." He is a boy after his mama's heart. We went to Kohls and I ended up getting pants for Eli for 50 cents... wahoo!
We went to Texas Roadhouse. Eli was struggling in the restaurant and I was having some real contractions, so we decided to head home. Eli was upset that we didn't end up at Target. We got home and put him to bed for a nap. Travis and I laid in bed. I wanted a nap, but Travis started an episode of Duck Dynasty. I got sucked in and I was having contractions.
Around 3pm, they were 7-8 minutes apart. Around 4pm, I was in pain! They were about 5 minutes apart. I called the midwives and they said, "Eat dinner, see you in an hour or two." I was in pain and didn't feel like eating, but I ate a bagel. My mother-in-law came to watch Eli as we headed in. We got to the hospital around 5 pm. I was already 7 cm and paperthin! Holy cow!!! It was go time! I got an epidural around 6pm. It felt so good. Again, It only took on one side. My left leg went completely numb and I could feel contractions on the right. So, weird! I went to 8cm to 9cm pretty fast. Around 10 pm, I was 10 cm and ready to push soon. My midwife came in and sat in a chair doing crocheting. LOL! She was so calm. Travis sat next to me as I pushed on every contraction to move baby down. It wasn't bad. My water hadn't broke yet. Sometime around 10:30(I think), the midwife decided to break my water with her finger because it was bulging. It hurt so bad after that. I don't think my epidural worked all the way down. I pushed and pushed. I actually screamed, which I didn't do with Eli. It was rough. Then he came at 11:13pm. Thank you God! He was beautiful. He was 9 pounds, 15 ounces and 22 inches long. No wonder why it hurt! It was worth it.
He was immediately placed on my chest. We had wonderful skin-to-skin. They delayed clamping of the umbilical cord too! We had an amazing time bonding, just the three of us.
Then it got late. I eventually got a shower and felt much better. They did all the necessary things for the baby and I. Travis headed home about 2am... Late night! I didn't get much sleep. Between the nurse for Benjamin and my nurse. We were woken every hour. They took Benjamin for about 2 hours, so I could get some sleep. I woke up at 6am for the day. The next day, Eli came to visit! We wasn't impressed or really paid attention to Benjamin. I don't think he knew what to think. I missed Eli. I can't believe how much I missed him. That night was rough too! I couldn't wait to go home and be a family of 4!
We love our family. I am in love with my boys and watching them grow. <3 I thank God that he entrusted these two beautiful and wonderful boys to me.



No comments:
Post a Comment