Thursday, July 14, 2016

Three Years Old... How is this possible?

    I haven't blogged in a long time because life is busy. I have a 5 month old now and a 3 year old and life goes fast and is busy. But I realized that I need to write down the funny and interesting things Eli is doing now. I can't believe how much he grows daily and this fall, he will be attending preschool(what?). He is 38 inches tall and 32 lbs. He hasn't gained much weight, but he is such a picky eater! But the doctor said he is healthy! :)
    He loves to sing songs. For awhile, he would sing Jesus Loves you, but only the second verse(the one mom doesn't know). He loves to sing/hum theme songs: Duck Tales, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Imperial Death March, Chip and Dales, ect. But he gets stuck on a phrase and says it over and over until someone moves him on!
    His ideas and things he says has his daddy and I in stitches sometimes. Travis shaved his beard last night and Eli told him that he looked like mommy and he exclaimed that Daddy had lips! LOL! On the way to Virginia, he asked to play hide-n-seek, in the car! He will say " 'member mom?" when he is reminding me of something. or "That's the rules!" He likes to try to negotiate things, like we tell him he has to eat 3 bites, and he will say, "no 2. See I have 2 fingers up." He says "Sorry" whenever we admonish him. I have no idea where he got that from. I need to remember to write down some of the funny things Eli says! He says such funny things!!
   He loves to play Angry Birds and is obsessed! He will play this with his blocks for hours! He also is getting into pretend play with his Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles figures and his superheros. He likes to make them battle. He loves to cook for me and bring me random food, includes waffles with cars. He loves his iPad and will try do things to get to play iPad. He is attached to technology, more than I like to admit. It started with letting him play the iPad if he used the potty as a reward. He still enjoys books.
     He is almost potty trained, he still has accidents, especially when he is too"busy" to stop playing and number 2 is still hit or miss. He can count up to 13 by himself. He can also count objects one by one up to 13. He is starting to recognize words, like his name, stop. He can text Dad and Eli. He will text those words over and over to people. It's cute. He even wrote his name by himself once. He constantly wants to know what things say and how things are spelled.
   He is growing and changing so fast. I can't believe it! I love how much he is becoming his own little person. I think he is going to be a class clown! He is pretty funny and loves to make others laugh! I am excited to see what God has in store for him! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment