So, I figured that I would start a blog, actually my husband encouraged me to start writing a blog. This is my Trying To Conceive journey. He thought it would be therapeutic and maybe our journey would help others.
I guess I should say a little about myself. I am 26 years old. I am a teacher. My husband and I have been married a little over two years. Three months ago we started trying to conceive. I started charting because my sister said it would be good. So, I went to the store and grabbed a basal temp. thermometer. I set my alarm for 5:45 am and took my temp religiously. The first cycle was 37 days long with tempatures all over and no clear ovulation date. I am on cycle 2 and day 61. It is the same story, just a little bit longer. With the encouragement of a few friends and the best sister, I made an appointment with a OB-GYN Nurse Practitioner.
My appointment was yesterday. I took in my charts, prepared for her just to be telling me that it wasn't a big deal and that I should give it more time. But she said with my charts and my temps erratic and me being on day 60, she was concerned. She said she didn't think I was ovulating. My friends and sister had said this, but hearing it from the nurse practitioner was scary. She said that normally she wouldn't do much until 6 months of trying, but with me not ovulating she would do some tests. Obviously, not ovulation means no getting pregnant. She ordered a bunch of blood tests for progesterone, estrogen, thyroid, insulin, glucose, endocrine, and some more I can't remember. It takes up to 14 days for some of the tests to come back. I don't meet again with her until the 28th. This waiting is hard. Not knowing is hard. It could be a little fix, but it could be a start to long journey.
I am so scared of what it could be. I have known so many people that struggled to get pregnant. I also know a lot of people who it didn't take anything. I think I have come to a conclusion, that it might take a while before I get pregnant. It's hard to think about it. I've wanted this for soo long. We finally decided to try and here we are.
I have told some people for support. Others I haven't. I am scared of telling some people because I don't need everyone's two cents and their ideas of "helping" me. It's so easy for people to tell me that it will happen in God's timing, but it's so hard for me to believe it. Maybe I am just being a baby, I don't know. I know I am feeling frustrated, lost, and anxious.
Just wanted to say... YOU ARE NOT BEING A BABY!!! Everything you are feeling is legitimate! I know exactly what you mean about people saying is will happen in God's timing. It is very frustrating! There is a great book you might enjoy reading called Hannah's Hope. I have a copy... let me know if you want to borrow it! I think you would find it helpful even if you are blessed and find out you are pregnant next month! And I will be praying that you do get your blessing next month!!! I am a good listener if you ever need an ear to cry to or just rant! I feel your pain! Doesn't matter how long or short the journey's been... it's painful! Praying that your journey to parenthood is short!
ReplyDeleteMindy