Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Updates and an amazing sermon

           So here I am, about 2 weeks later and on CD 1, again. Before I went on Metformin my cycles were 37 and 92. Now, I have had two 18 day cycles. Went from too long into too short?? Really? I am hoping this is just for a little bit, that the medicine is just regulating my cycles. I also have upped my dose of medication and I got the undesirable side effects for a couple of days. I am better now though. I am a little fatigued and a few headaches. I'll take this instead. I read somewhere to split the dose, one in the morning and one at night and I think that helped.
         I am also in the process of trying to lower the amount of carbs I eat and eat even less processed carbs. This is suppose to help with the medicine and help me lose weight. I can't go carb free, carbs are like breathing for me. But just lowering the amount of carbs I eat will help. I eat way too many now. Unfortunately, since I have come home from a trip and decided to eat better, we have had free meals every week and have not been able to control what we have eaten. I mean I could eat a separate meal, but how can you say no to free food? We are kinda in a rocky place financially until I get my first full-time paycheck. It's just a in-between jobs thing with my husband's new job just beginning. So, free meals are okay with me.
     So, my Pastor had an awesome sermon on Sunday that hit the nail on the head, it was about complaining, which I have been doing a lot of. I complain because of the side effects of the medicine, I complain I am not ovulating, not being pregnant, ect. I just wanted to share what I learned.
Matthew 12: 33- 35: “Make a tree good and its fruit will be good, or make a tree bad and its fruit will be bad, for a tree is recognized by its fruit. You brood of vipers, how can you who are evil say anything good? For out of the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks. The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in him, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in him."
  **From a negative heart overflows negative words, which generally becomes negative actions resulting in a miserable life.
   He wanted us to do three positives: 1. I will not hang out with negative people(What happens if you are the negative person?) 2. I will speak words of life. 3. I will be thankful for what I have.
     So what did I get out of it? I need to be more positive about life. I am a glass half empty girl, and I NEED to be a glass half full girl. I need to be more positive and speak words of life. Basically I need to keep my mouth shut when I have negative things to say and instead say positive things and THINK positive things. Also, I need to be thankful for having an amazing husband, a FULL-TIME job, friends, and awesome family. I also have the most amazing thing in my life, God and need to serve him and his will. Instead of only seeing the negatives, I need to be willing to see his will through the "negatives." Through the negatives there is His work to be done.

     

No comments:

Post a Comment