Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Clomid Whine....

     I've had a rough couple of nights. I started Clomid on Thursday. I didn't have any side effects, until Saturday. I blew up emotionally at poor Travis. I was so depressed! I fell apart on Saturday night. Poor unsuspecting Travis didn't know what was going to happen! He didn't know what to say. One of the side effects is moodiness. It was bad! I feel horrible for the way I acted and the things I said. I wasn't mean to just him, but to myself.
   Sunday, I had a mild headache and just felt lousy! Sunday night, I got really hot, I'm not sure if it was an official hot flash or not. But I was so hot and then it went away. On top of it, I watched a movie and it gave me bad nightmares. I tossed and turned for about 1 1/2 hours wide awake. Monday, I woke up with a huge headache/nausea. I took a sick day and felt guilty. I had previously taken a personal day on Friday to take my dog to the vet. I felt guilty for taking another day off. It was a good idea since I spent the entire day in bed with a bad headache. Even though I took Tylenol and took time to sleep, it throbbed all day.
   This morning, I struggled to get out of bed. I had tossed and turned again all night, but worse. I got hot again throughout the night. It was literally from 1 or 2 until 5am. I woke up with another doozie of a headache, but this time headache medicine cured it! I went to school and survived all day! I am incredibly tired and will be going to bed early tonight and hopefully getting a full night soon. Last night was my last Clomid pill, thank God! I am not sure I can take much more of the side effects.
      To recap, side effects of Clomid: nausea, headaches, hot flashes, and bloating. They suck! I may ask my OB/GYN about a different drug called Femara. It isn't approved for fertility by the FDA, but it has been used by many Reproductive Endocrinologist instead of Clomid. It's suppose to have less side effects. We shall have to see what he thinks.
     Friday, I go in for my first ultrasound for follicular monitoring. I shall find out how it is progressing. I am not sure how the IUI will work out or how this whole process works. Hopefully on Friday, I will get some new clarity. I have to take another 1/2 day(hopefully I get back in time!). I'm so sick of taking days off work! I'm sure the secretary thinks I'm crazy for taking so many days! I'm praying it's worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment