Wednesday, June 19, 2013

39 Weeks and Trying to Wait Patiently(But It's More Like Impatiently)

   I had my 39 week appointment today. Everything looked great! His heartbeat is strong. I am progressing! Yay! I'm hoping this means he is coming soon. I was 3 cm dilated. So, I'm crossing my fingers! I told the doctor that the walking is working and he said to keep walking!

   I can honestly say that I never expected to want to give birth so badly! I am miserable! Pray for my husband. I have been very emotional and crying a lot. I actually told him that I didn't think I could do this again. But I'm sure once Elijah is here and it's a year or two down the road, I'll be ready. I knew that the last month was hard, but I guess I wasn't expecting it to be this hard. My hips feel like their going to fall off. My right hand is swelling and stiff in the morning and night, even though I drink tons of water everyday! My low back hurts every time I walk anywhere. I have tried a couple things to get this labor going: pineapple, walking, ect. And I've gotten a ton of interesting suggestions for inducing labor. I've decided that he is going to come when he comes.
    I guess the hardest part is the fact that I don't know how much longer I'll feel this way. My doctor won't induce until I am 41 + weeks, unless medically necessary. It could be two more weeks and I honestly don't know how I'll deal. I know I will deal, but maybe not with my pride intact. I know all this pain and uncomfortableness will be worth it once he is here. I know that it's the greatest gift I will get. I am lucky! I got to experience pregnancy, when there are so many women who won't get to. I need to keep that in mind and be thankful for the pain and discomfort! I am thankful for this pregnancy and my little miracle. 

Stats! How far along? 39 weeks
How big is baby? Watermelon (18.9-20.9 inches long and 6.2-9.2 lbs <----- Holy COW!!!!)
How I'm feeling? Exhausted, Uncomfortable, Emotional, painful
 What I'm most excited about: Giving birth to him!!!
Weight?  231 lbs. (I lost weight?)
How I'm changing? My belly button has almost all the way popped!
What I miss?  Not feeling huge and being in pain
Symptoms? Exhausted, back/hip pain, Very emotional, hands are now swelling, Braxton Hicks whenever I walk! :(
Cravings? Oreos, Fritos Chips
Highlights this week: 39 week apt!
Something I've done to prepare for baby: Resting? Everything is done that I can do, so now it's resting and nesting

No comments:

Post a Comment