Friday, February 28, 2014

8 months(almost a week late!)

        How did another month go by? He is growing so much! He is eating solids much better. He eats at least 2 meals a day. Usually he eats 1-3 ozs of puree or yogurt and yogurt melts or banana puffs. He still is breastfeeding! I can't believe after the rough start, that we lasted 8 months! I totally passed my goal of 6 months! I really love nursing him. It's such special and fleeting moments. These are the times, I can just take him in. It's also one of the only times, besides sleeping, that he is still! He is always on the move! He is a master crawler. He can stand holding onto things really well. His favorite thing is to stand by holding onto the baby gate and sometimes lick it(what can I say?). He is also getting good at pushing his baby walker. He loves to giggle and makes lots of "conversation" sounds. He is amazing and my heart grows everyday.

His first snowstorm that he could go outside!

Silly Bathtime fun!

Master Crawler

Eight Months
His 8 month Leaps and Bounds:
  • He can finally feed himself little bits of food.
  • He can pull himself up and stand holding onto something.
  • He will work to get toys he wants.
  • Plays peek-a-boo and laughs!
  • Master level of Crawler
  • He is working on waving good-bye
  • He cruises around our ottoman(walk holding on to furniture)
  • Understands "No", but doesn't always obey
  • He drinks from a straw(he likes it better than a sippy cup!)
  • He said "mama" one time when I came in, not sure if it was an actual word.
  • He is also a master climber and is pretty good at getting anything he wants!
  • He loves playing with hangers... hahaha!
  • He also loves emptying his storage cube of all his toys. Our living room is covered in toys and I wouldn't have it any other way.

             How am I doing? Lately I've been feeling overwhelmed. Overwhelmed with work, overwhelmed with the amount of housework, and overwhelmed with exhaustion! Eli is usually only waking up once a night, but I feel completely exhausted!  I am ready for bed by 8:30 every night, but I have housework and grading to do. My life has completely turned upside down, but I  wouldn't trade it for anything. I love being a mom. I love Eli and his smile can make my day turn all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment