Friday, March 28, 2014

9 Months

Eli with my baby blanket! <3
    Each time I sit down to write his monthly update, I feel like I just wrote it. It goes too fast! In three months, he'll be a year old. He is acting more and more like a toddler than a baby. I miss his baby phase, when he'd look at me and coo and cuddle in my arms. He hardly ever stays cuddled in my arms for long. I feel like his newborn stage went too fast and I didn't get to enjoy it. I remember writing about cuddling and enjoying it, but looking back it seemed to go by too fast. I'm going to blink and he'll be in Kindergarten, then middle school, high school, college, and grown up.

His 9 month Leaps and Bounds:

  • He is still working on feeding himself, still failing at times at getting the food in his mouth.
  • He can stand by himself for a few seconds.
  • Loves peek-a-boo and laughs!
  • He is still working on waving good-bye
  • He cruises(walk holding on to furniture) everywhere and now even cruises against the wall.
  • He can take a few wobbly steps! He can walk if someone holds his hands.
  • He eats breakfast, lunch, and dinner, eating 3-4ozs of babyfood with finger foods. We are trying to introduce more finger foods.
  • He definitely knows"mama" and "dada"
  • He is starting to get stranger danger at times. He definitely knows the people that care for him and the people that don't. 
  • He also had his first couple incidents of separation anxiety. He cried a couple times when I left him at the babysitters and totally broke my heart.
  • He is also a master climber!
  • He now has two teeth that are very sharp. He, unfortunately, likes to bite my chin and it hurts.
  • He also likes to pull hair, pull hair out of a ponytail, bite(occassionally), and pull/pinch ears/nose/mouth. Yay! (That's sarcasm!) 
  • We are working on some sign language, but he doesn't understand or do it yet.
  • He slept for 11.5 hours straight last night! Wahoo! (**Knock on Wood!**)
My love!

9 months!
Getting into things...

So cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment