A couple weeks ago, my mother-in-law noticed him picking out letters in a book she was reading him. He can actually identify letters and knows what some letters' sounds too! My brain exploded! How can my 1 and 1/2 year old identify letters. We don't work with him. He has a couple LeapFrog toys that picks out Letters and their sounds. He loves them and plays with them a lot. We also have a couple ABC books which we read him, but that's it! Crazy, how smart he is!
His newest obsession is to say "ewwww" when someone farts or burps. Typical boy behavior! He is still really active, running, jumping, and climbing. It keeps me young at heart and moving. That's for sure! He loves outside and wants to be outside. He runs around the yard. Our dog, Frankie, loves to run with him. This spring, Eli discovered mud puddles and jumps in them for the first time. He loves it.
He has started to love "Winnie the Pooh." I didn't grow up on "Winnie the Pooh." But it's a really cute show. He has started to laugh at the funny scenes and it's so cute that he recognizes the emotions.
Everyday, I am reminded of how blessed I am with him. He is a really great kid. Sure, he is mischievous and a troublemaker at times, but he is the cutest little troublemaker. He is still sleeping well, which is a huge blessing for his momma that doesn't function well without sleep. Praise God for this little boy who makes my heart grow everyday! :)
A Couple Updated pictures:
![]() |
| Playing in the Snow |
![]() |
| All ready for Church |
![]() |
| Jumping in the puddles |
Update on Me:
I turned 30 last weekend. It was really emotional. I had this plan that I'd have two kids by 30, guess what? God had other plans and that didn't happen. It really hit me. As a woman you always hear that your fertility goes down after 30, which is always in the back of my mind. It really hit me hard.
My PCOS symptoms are still crazy and I really need to try to eat healthier and exercise. I'm hoping losing weight will help.
My husband and I have been blessed in a multitude of ways and have been able to pay off some debt. As a result, we have decided to build a house. Crazy? I never thought we'd be building a house. I'm so excited, but nervous about the logistics. We have a piece of land on a beautiful spot in the country. This has always been our dream, but never thought it would be a reality. I'm so excited for the future. We will be saving a little more and hopefully in a year or two we will have a house! We have been amazingly blessed this year.
"Sing and make music from your heart to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ". (Ephesians 5:19-20 NIV)



No comments:
Post a Comment