On Tuesday, we had our a/s ultrasound. I am so excited to say that I am having another boy! I think Eli will adore having a little brother and when they get older, they will have so many adventures, especially when we build our house in the country! :) The ultrasound went well. Baby boy was lying sideways so we didn't get a good shot of his face. I think we may have to go for another one later on. The technician seemed to struggle getting a clear view of things because he was sideways and curled up, but he said everything looked great! Baby Boy is big though! He measured 22 days at 21 weeks. He was also estimated at over 1 pound already, my apps said they should be 3/4 a lb. So, I think this one is going to be bigger than Eli!
We talk to Eli about his brother, but he doesn't understand. The last few weeks before the ultrasound he kept saying baby girl. When we told him, he pointed at my belly and said baby girl? Silly boy. I'm sure later on when Baby boy makes his appearance, Eli will understand. It's a hard concept for a 2 year old.
Eli is doing great. He had his first illness in a while. He got an ear infection and a slight cold last week. It made for rough nights. He is feeling much better this week. I'm definitely glad to have my boy healthy. He has 2/4 of his 2-year-old molars. He is slowly working on them. They have been rough when they decide to pop through(slowly may I add). He is starting to sing along with songs. His favorite song to sing is the Winnie the Pooh song. It's so adorable and he has such a deep voice for a 2 year-old. He also loves his book, Frosty the Snowman, and will sing the song. He is getting ready for winter, while we are still waiting for fall to come! He continues to love Winnie the pooh and Mickey Mouse, but now he is on a Tom and Jerry kick. His favorite toys right now are his train set, blocks, legos, and pillows from our couch. He spends hours playing with them content. His language continues to amaze me as he picks up new words and phrases every day. It's nice that I can finally understand what he wants.
![]() |
| Playing outside in his blue boots, he requested on a hot day! |
![]() |
| Obsessed with the blocks my grandfather made for me! |
I'm doing well. Being at work has been rough because the temperatures have been high 80s and we don't have air conditioning. It gets very hot. I'm waiting for fall temps! I'm running out of clothes, I've been focusing on fall/winter sweaters for pregnancy clothes, but my belly is getting too big for some of my normal clothes! It's also been rough walking around school, braxton hicks are kicking in early. Walking down a hall can be rough sometimes, but hopefully it may go down after it's not so hot. I'm having a lot of back pain early, but it's probably because of my bad back. These are just things I'm willing to have. I am so lucky that God has blessed us with another baby. I am feeling baby boy kick and have for about 2 weeks. Travis felt him kick for the first time Thursday night. <3 It's the best feeling ever.
I'm so thankful for this second miracle. I think back to about 4 years ago when we weren't sure if we'd ever have kids. I have an incredible toddler that melts my heart every day and is amazing and healthy. I have another boy on the way. God is faithful and he has fulfilled the desires of my heart. <3 I wanted to be a mom so bad and I get to be to two boys! How blessed I am. I thank God constantly for these miracles. I am constantly reminded of the bible verse: Proverbs 3: 5-6: "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight." God knew the plan he had for us. He knows the number of kids and I needed to trust him. I continue to need to trust him in all things. I get all worked up about so many things, and I need to remember to take a deep breath and trust HIM, the great I AM. <3
Pregnancy Stats:How far along? 21 weeks and 5 days
How big is baby? The length of a bannana
How I'm feeling? Okay, tired, but I've been working a lot
What I miss? being able to sit without having a bump pushing up. lol!
Symptoms? Braxton Hicks, Baby kicks, appetite is picking up
Cravings? Icee
Highlights this week? Baby kicked for Travis and we found out I'm having another boy!




No comments:
Post a Comment