I had a midwife appointment on Tuesday and she seemed concerned with the amount of braxton hicks I was having a day and how I was feeling. She had ordered more water intake and trying to get off my feet as much as possible. She asked about reduction of hours or getting off my feet at work, but as a teacher, it's just not possible. She told me to call if it got worse. She did say that she wanted me to be able to work until I'm due, so I'm hoping that doesn't mean she was thinking I may need bed rest in the future.
So, I ended up calling last night. I had a couple stressful days at work and my belly had been tight and crampy all day. I came home and rested and I thought it was better. I got up and took a shower and it got super tight and uncomfortable. When I called the midwife, she told me to go in to L & D for a check-up. I went in about 7:30. They hooked me up to monitors for heartbeat and contractions. The nurse said she saw a contraction, but since I didn't seem to have felt it, she wasn't sure if it was a fluke. Baby boy kept kicking the monitors on my belly. He did not like them! It was hilarious, because he would kick so hard that the heartbeat monitor wouldn't stay in place and he would move away from it. The nurse had to readjust it every now and then. They also did a test to that predicts if I'm likely to go into labor within 2 weeks. It came back negative, thank God! They checked me out and everything looked good. They told me to get some rest and recommended that I take a day off today. I finally got home around 10:30. Not how I wanted to spend my night, but I was so glad that everything was fine. My baby boy is healthy and everything was good.
Thank God that everything is going well. I am so excited and blessed to be given a second child. I continuously thank God that he has allowed me to become a mom not once, but twice. I feel blessed and so happy. I am so excited to be a family of four. I worried and cried thinking that I would never be able to have babies and here I am, pregnant with baby number 2!
Jeremiah 29:11New Living Translation (NLT): "For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope."
Stats! How far along? 25 weeks
How big is baby? Cauliflower (about 13-14 inches and 1.5-2 pounds)
How I'm feeling? Emotional
What I'm most excited about: I am so excited to meet this little one!
How I'm changing? I am definitely gaining a baby bump! It's a little bigger than when I was pregnant with Eli.
What I miss? Being able to move easily
Symptoms? hip/back pain, braxton hicks, tired
Cravings? Anything sweet!
Highlights this week: having him move so much in my belly.
Something I've done to prepare for baby: We have bought some clothes for him.
Special moment: He is moving so much! You can see him move across my belly. It's crazy. The baby boy has been kicking Eli when he cuddles with me, but Eli doesn't notice. I hope he notices it soon.

No comments:
Post a Comment