Tuesday, February 21, 2012

HSG Update

    I went in for my HSG, or hysterosalpingogram, this morning. We ran a little late. We went to the clinic radiology, not the Hospital one! Then the wrong insurance information was in the computer. So, we ended up being late. They made me change into those horrible hospital gowns. I sat in a private waiting room. Waiting... they then took us into a huge X-ray room. There was a nurse, a radiologist technician, and a radiologist student.
    I told them that my mom said that I had a sensitivity to iodine and then they had to get the radiologist. They were worried that I would have a reaction. They asked what kind of reaction I had, to which I had to explain that I was 4 and am not sure. They discussed there was a slight risk of having a reaction to the ink they put into me. I was okay and my OB-GYN was okay with it. We proceeded.
   They set me up on a table with all five people there as I got my HSG done. It was uncomfortable being very vulnerable. At least, my husband was able to hold my hand during the procedure. It was a quick procedure, but uncomfortable and a little painful. It was over in like 2 minutes.
    Then everyone dispersed in minutes, including my OB-GYN. I was hoping to talk to him about our next plans. I thought maybe he was waiting for me to get dressed, but nope he was gone! Our next plan was doing a IUI with clomid, but I have no idea what the protocol is. I still want to discuss being monitored. I am hoping he calls, if not I will have to call him.
    Our procedure was at 9am and with the sensitivity to iodine, they made us wait in the waiting room until 10 to make sure I didn't have a reaction. Normally, I would have been fine, but I was so crampy and felt like crap afterward I did not. I sat there like a trooper and waited. My husband and I played Words With Friends to pass the time.
   Now I am home resting and relaxing. Tomorrow I have school.

No comments:

Post a Comment