Thursday, April 5, 2012

Update on this week.

    This week I had an follicular scan on Tuesday to check my follie size, if it was good, we would trigger ovulation. I had one and it wasn't quite big enough. In addtion, my OB/GYN is on vacation and I had a substitute OB/GYN. So, another follicular scan on Wednesday and another day off school because of the time it was. :( If it looked good, then trigger. Well my follie was the right size. I asked him if we should check for ovulation the next day to be sure before we did the IUI. He said, well let's do another follicular scan and then do the IUI. He told me to wait on dropping off the semen sample until after the follicular scan. Then told me to pick up my shot and have a nurse give it to me. So, I had to run down to the clinic pharmacy to get the trigger shot(HCG). No problem, right?
     Nope.... I got there and there was no prescription. I waited 15 minutes or so for the doctor to call it in. Then was told the prescription insurance wouldn't pay for it, it was going to be $135. Ugh, I asked if they could call the insurance company and check. Meanwhile, I called my lovely husband, who happens to work in the billing/insurance part of the hospital. He had a coworker call the insurance company to figure it out. The insurance company first said it was tier 3 and would be covered for 80% of the cost. She said they would call the pharmacy and change the status. I waited another 40 minutes. They never called. I called back to the billing office to find out what happened. Meanwhile, an old man fell in the pharmacy and broke his head open and blood was gushing onto the floor. There were people trying to help him and it was a little chaotic. Another 15 minutes and I called my husband. His coworker was now fighting with the insurance company about the stupid shot. Meanwhile I am crying in frustration and telling my husband to just come over and pay for the meds. He comes over and pays for the medication, which is not $ 135, but $157.
     I go back upstairs to OB/GYN to get my shot and my appointments for tomorrow. I got in and got my shot. I realized that I was told that semen samples were suppose to be taken to the lab within an hour. My follicular scan was at 9 and my IUI was at 10. How was I suppose to do this? I asked the nurse to find out. Well, they said to bring my husband and if it was a good scan, well then we would go through with it and he would have to produce a sample in the hospital. No pressure, right? So, my husband had to take a day off to accommodate the plan. I leave emotionally exhausted from the days events and the three hours I was in the hospital. Ridiculous!
   I waited all night and all morning to feel ovulation pains. Guess what? I didn't. My boobs weren't sore and I had no pelvic pain. I worried all morning that I did not ovulate. I got to the hospital and did the follicular scan. It confirmed my worries. After talking to the doctor(not mine, a substitute), we decided to just try naturally, instead of potentially wasting an IUI if I didn't ovulate. Tomorrow, I will go for another follicular scan to see if I ovulated.
   I am so emotionally exhausted and physically exhausted. This week I have had on and off nausea and headaches, which I believe is from the clomid. I am frustrated and sad. I have a little hope that maybe it will happen naturally. I guess I will find out in two weeks.
   I am so frustrated with my hospital, because it seems like they don't understand infertility. My substitute doctor didn't seem very knowledgeable. I am frustrated because between my friends who have been through this, and the internet I get so much information of how things should be done. How do I know what is right? I should be able to trust in the doctors to do the correct things, right? I doubt and worry about the right treatments and steps. I am so frustrated and tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment