Wednesday, January 16, 2013

17 weeks!

     I am feeling better. I'm not getting headaches as much and for the past two days, I've slept much better! Thank the Lord! Yay for feeling better! I'm so thankful that I can finally eat without feeling nauseous afterwards!
    Yesterday we had our 17 week appointment, but first I should tell you what happened on Friday! Thursday I had a tiny bit of discharge that was brown/pink tinged. I was a little concerned, but I didn't have any on Friday. But Friday, I was crampy with dull and kinda achy all day. Again, I was a little worried, but figured it wasn't anything since I wasn't doubled over in pain. I told my husband afterschool and he suggested that I called the nurse just to calm our slight nerves. So, I called and my nurse or doctor wasn't there, and the secretary talked to another nurse who told me to come in immediately. I kinda freaked! I had to go by myself and I was shaking. I had thought that they were going to tell me that I was over reacting, instead they had me come in immediately. The doctor came in checked me out and said everything looked good. Then he listened to that blessed heartbeat! <3 Love, Love, Love that sound! Everything sounded good and sent me on my way! Thank the Lord!
     Yesterday, I talked to the doctor about all my concerns and he answered all my questions and put my busy mind to rest. I am really thankful for a good doctor. We decided to do the 2nd Trimester blood test. Then again, I got to listen to that sweet sound of a heartbeat! <3 He also showed me how high the baby was. He/she is almost to my belly button, which means my chumb is part baby! I was excited to find that out, that my baby was growing right where he/she is suppose to be and that I wasn't crazy I was getting bigger! We also got to schedule our ultrasound to find out if I am having a boy or a girl! I am sooo excited! Three more weeks! So excited!
     I want to share this prayer I write today, I had a little extra time as I had a two hour delay at school. I have been writing prayers every few weeks to God. It just expresses how I feel right now!
Dear Lord,
   I thank you so much for this beautiful blessing of Peyton(our nickname for our baby). I am awestruck of how amazing this whole process is. I heard the heartbeat twice in the past week. It's so fast and so strong. She is growing and I am growing so quickly. I thank you so much for this blessing. I thank you for allowing me to become a mom. I pray that you would work on my and my husband's hearts to raise this miracle in a godly way. I want Peyton to know you and walk with you. Please prepare us to be godly and loving parents. I thank you for this amazing gift!
~Amen~  


17 Week Picture:
I still don't know what to do with my hands! arrg!
 

Stats! How far along? 17 weeks
How big is baby? An Onion

How I'm feeling? Better, still tired
Weight? 209 (According to the doctor, I've only gained 4 pounds in the past 2 months)
How I'm changing?  My bump is still growing, but I'm starting to show(but I just look chunky. My hips and back have been hurting!
What I miss? Coffee!!!
Symptoms? Exhaustion, dry skin/lips, hip/back pain
Cravings? Sweets (It never ends)
Highlights this week: Two baby appointments

No comments:

Post a Comment