Yesterday I had a doctor's appointment. It wasn't anything special. I gained 2 pounds in a month, which he said was very respectable(as I gained 7 lbs at my last appointment). I've only gained 9 pounds this pregnancy. I have another appointment in 3 weeks and will do my Glucose Tolerance Test for gestational diabetes. My fungal height was right on. Elijah's heartbeat was very strong and loud! :) I knew he was doing well, but it's still special to hear his heartbeat!
We are starting to get a lot of hand-me down things! So exciting. We got a box and a big bag of clothes of 12 months- 3T from a friend. My sister keeps finding things her boys grew out of! It's amazing. Then my mother-in-law bought a bunch of adorable clothes for him! My mom sent Elijah his first football too! So excited!
I've been thinking about what Elijah's personality will be a lot lately. I had a friend tell me to pray for a boy who sleeps. I've been doing that! But I wonder if he will fall in Travis' and my footsteps and be more laid back, calmer personality or is he going to be a spitfire. I hope he has Travis' humor and mild personality. I also hope he gets his eyes and nose! I'm so excited to meet him!
I am so excited and thankful for this little miracle. I thank God for him everyday. I thank him and smile every-time Elijah moves and makes his presence know. If you think about the miracle of making a baby, it's amazing. Only God could orchestrate this amazing gift! This is how I know God is real! The miracle of making a baby and all the intricate details are amazing! :) So amazed everyday!
Psalm 139: 13-16:
"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made your works are wonderful I know that full well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be."
Stats!
How far along? 25 weeks
How big is baby? Cauliflower (about 13-14 inches and 1.5-2 pounds)
How I'm feeling? Emotional and Exhausted
What I'm most excited about: Honestly, I just can't wait to meet him!
Weight? 218 lbs.
How I'm changing? My baby bump is getting huge. People and strangers are starting to comment on my bump. I've been told I have a cute baby bump. I always smile hearing this knowing that I never thought I'd be here, blessed by a little tiny baby boy!
What I miss? Being able to bend over easily!
Symptoms? tired, nightmares, hip/back pain, heartburn
Cravings? Anything sweet!
Highlights this week: Seeing him move my belly! He is quite strong and is moving my belly quite a bit!
Something I've done to prepare for baby: I have been slowly cleaning out the nursery. I put together some of my sister's hand-me-down activity things to make sure they all still worked and have all there pieces. This weekend, my husband and I are going to try to finish our registry.
Special moment: He has started moving a lot at night. Around 3-4 am he starts moving and kicking me. I swear he is having his private dance party in my stomach!

No comments:
Post a Comment