Wednesday, April 3, 2013

28 weeks and moving into the third trimester!

          Yesterday I had my 28 week appointment. Everything went smoothly. I gained 4 pounds since last apt(3 weeks ago). Not too shabby! I also had to take the Glucose Tolerance test! The orange stuff I had to drink wasn't as bad as everyone made it out to be! I drank it like a champ! (Not to toot my own horn!) They said they would call me today ONLY IF I didn't pass and guess what? I didn't get a call, so I guess I passed! I was really nervous I wouldn't pass as I am overweight. Being overweight is a risk factor for Gestational Diabetes. Everything else went well. His heart is beating very strong. My Fungal height is good and in a good range. In a month I go in for an ultrasound to check on his head and brain. My dr. said that Eli should be 4 lbs by then! Crazy! I'm so excited to see how much he has grown! :) 12 more weeks and we meet this precious miracle.
        I'm still in awe that I am pregnant, not that I can forget that now! LOL! I just have to look down or try to get out of bed! Seriously though, just think one year ago, I was trying to do an IUI through the hospital and was so frustrated. God has a plan and his plan for me to get pregnant in October. His plan will always prevail. He always knows where he is leading me. I look back and it really was perfect planning that I got pregnant in October, because I have the whole summer to enjoy little Eli and helps with how much I have to take off. I thank God that he has a perfect plan. It reminds me that I need to remember to Trust in HIS timing and HIS plan, not Mine. I won't lie, infertility was one of the hardest journeys I've been on and I kicked and screamed a lot through it. But it's still God's plan and not mine that got me to where I am now.
        
Ecclesiastes 3:11
         New International Version (NIV)
        "He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet[a] no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end."

     I am so excited to be pregnant and to have this miracle. I might complain about the aches and pains, but I am happy. It's all worth it! 

 
Stats! How far along? 28 weeks
How big is baby? Chinese Cabbage (about 14.8 inches and 2.25 pounds)
How I'm feeling? Exhausted  
What I'm most excited about: I can't wait to see what kind of personality he has!
Weight? 222 lbs.
How I'm changing? My bump is growing and ankles are starting to swell
What I miss?  Feeling normal(between emotions, aches/pains, and getting big)

Symptoms? tired, hip/back pain, heartburn, emotional, slight cankles at the end of the day
Cravings? Anything sweet!
Highlights this week:  28 Week Apt.
Something I've done to prepare for baby: Got a Ford Escape, which is more car seat friendly than a truck!
 Special moment: Hearing my baby's heartbeat! Love that sound!

No comments:

Post a Comment