Elijah continues to move each day. He kicks me multiple times a day. His favorite thing to do is elbow/knee me across my belly when I'm on my side while sleeping. It's a weird feeling. He has also had hiccups at least twice this week, well I could feel him twice.
My baby shower was amazing. They surprised me with a book theme, which as a teacher, I loved. Each food served was connected to a book. Multi-colored gold fish with "One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish." Train sandwhiches with "The Little Engine that Could." Grape caterpillars for "The Hungry Caterpillar." The cake, which said Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart(a Winnie the Pooh quote), had "Bunny Cakes." "The Velveteen Rabbit" and cut up vegetables.
It also had lots of Superhero things too! I got an amazing diaper cake with Superhero little people on it. I received a lot of gifts from friends and family. I only cried once or twice! Of course, a friend from when I was growing up wrote a special message to me: Many years ago at a Ladies Retreat this book was read(Love You Forever). "It is a very special one, one that makes us cry. In fact your Aunt Dar never liked it read in Cherub's Nest. But it is a true story in it's story line. Your little boy will always be your baby and you will always love him. You and Travis will be awesome parents. Love to 3 special people." Cue the tears! I also got a picture frame with a hand and foot print kit to go with it. I might have teared up to that. I can't believe that I am going to have a baby to hand and foot print! My grandmother sent me some cute overalls that Grandpa made her pick out, as Eli needs to have somewhere to put his tools. It is very special to me as he is a carpenter at heart.
I also had some great baby shower games: Price is Right(Guess the cost of various baby gifts), Memorization(Get 30 seconds to memorize baby items and try to remember them), Baby Words Scramble, and my favorite game: Candy Bars that connected to some part of the baby(ex. Milky Way- breastfeeding, Whoopers- 10 lb baby, ect). I really enjoyed my baby shower and so glad that I had my family and friends to celebrate this miracle.
Here are some pictures:
![]() |
| My Baby Shower Table |
![]() |
| My Diaper Cake |
![]() |
| The girls and I(except my sister- she took the picture) |
![]() |
| My nephews feeling some hiccups! |
Stats! How far along? 31 weeks
How big is baby? Pineapple(15.2-16.7 inches long and 2.5-3.8 lbs)
How I'm feeling? Exhausted
What I'm most excited about: To hold him and kiss him!
Weight? 223.8 lbs.
How I'm changing? My bump continues to grow and ankles are starting to swell a little bit.
What I miss? Sleep(I realize that I won't have a good nights sleep for a long time!)
Symptoms? Exhausted, dry lips, back pain, heartburn, emotional, Braxton Hicks, slight cankles at the end of the day
Cravings? Anything sweet!
Highlights this week:I had my baby shower and my family came to visit!
Something I've done to prepare for baby: Baby Shower! :) We also set-up our nursery carpets to be cleaned- one last step before I can set it up!
Special gifts or things I've gotten for the baby: I received a ton of special gifts for Elijah. I can't just pick one!
Special moment: So many!!! My nephews felt Eli move and even felt some hiccups! :) My newest niece, Alyssa, kept coming up to me telling me that there was a baby in my belly. Just the special moment of being surrounded by friends and family celebrating the miracle of Elijah!





No comments:
Post a Comment