Wednesday, May 1, 2013

32 Weeks(8 more to go!)

     This week was my 32 week apt. and ultrasound. The ultrasound was great! I got to see his face and was memorized. The ultrasound technician said she couldn't believe his hair. He has lots of hair already. She asked me if I have heartburn, which I responded all the time. She said that the old wives tail seems to be true, if the baby has hair, momma has heartburn. He weighs about 4 pounds 11 ozs, give or take 11 ozs!! Yikes! A big baby! I asked if we could get 3D ultrasound. She did it! It was amazing! We got to see his facial features! He has a cute little chin like daddy's and his nose looks just like daddy! He is so adorable! Here are some 3D ultrasound pictures:



His Profile:
 
          After my ultrasound, I had an appointment. Everything looked good. The doctor had Travis feel Eli's head. I think that was cool! His head is down getting ready for birth. We heard his strong heartbeat. I got a DTAP vaccine to protect myself and baby Eli. Everything is good! I gained 6 pounds- yikes! But the doctor said it was fine since I have only gained 19 this pregnancy. The only thing that's been a big deal for me lately is that I've been getting braxton hicks a lot. It's always when I get up quickly or am rushing to class, which doesn't help things. I asked the doctor about it and he said not to worry about braxton hicks. I also need to take things easy. I noticed when I do too much, I am exhausted! I need to remember to listen to my body and to rest when needed.
      I have started to talk to Eli everyday. I even bought some Beethoven songs on itunes to play for Elijah! Some co-workers have been telling me to do it, so I am! I even read him some books from my baby shower. I am so excited to meet him and hold him!
 
Stats! How far along? 32 weeks
How big is baby? Squash (15.2-16.7 inches long and 4 lbs 11 ozs)
How I'm feeling? Exhausted

 What I'm most excited about: Holding him for the first time!
Weight?  228 lbs.
How I'm changing? My bump continues to grow and ankles are starting to swell a little bit.
What I miss?  Sleep(I realize that I won't have a good nights sleep for a long time!)
 
Symptoms? Exhausted, dry lips, back pain, heartburn!!!, emotional, Braxton Hicks, slight cankles at the end of the day
Cravings? Anything sweet!  
Highlights this week: An Ultrasound!!!
Something I've done to prepare for baby: Cleaning the carpets
Special gifts or things I've gotten for the baby: Nothing this week
 Special moment: I read fours books to Eli from my shower(yes I cried). Travis read a chapter of Winnie the Pooh to him. Seeing him during the ultrasound!

No comments:

Post a Comment