Wednesday, July 3, 2013

1 Week ( A little late then never.)

    I know it's late, but better late then never. Elijah turned 1 week on Sunday. We'd had a very busy week. My sister came on Wednesday to help me around the house. It was awesome! She brought my two adorable nephews! :) She made me lunches and dinners. She cleaned up the kitchen and even washed the sheets on my bed. She was a blessing! Plus, since I wasn't suppose to carry Elijah in his car seat, she helped me take him to his appointments.
      How is little Elijah doing? Much better. We noticed he looked a little jaundice. So Friday we had to get his heal prick re-done because it was unacceptable, just meaning it wasn't done correctly. We decided to call peds and see if we could have him looked at. Unfortunately, the only appointment was at 1, so we had the re-heal prick in the morning. Then had to go out again at 1. The pediatrician we saw wasn't our pediatrician. She was impressed that a first time mom noticed it. She wanted to do blood work and then go from there. His weight was 7 lbs 15 ozs. He lost 7% of his body weight, but that's within the normal limits. She said if his jaundice was severe, we might have to use a lighted blanket, pump and make sure he was getting enough breast milk, or supplement with formula. So, we went back to the lab, across town, and he had to have another heal prick for the test! Poor boy! We waited for the results all afternoon. They finally came in at 14.7. It was an okay level for his age, but she wanted him tested again the next day. She also wanted him fed every two hours, which was hard, and given 1-2 hours in indirect sunlight(this was hard as it was cloudy and rainy).
       Saturday, Travis and I took him to get him tested again. We anxiously waited the results, 15.7. The pediatrician on-call said it was okay. Keep feeding him and giving him light. We decided to go to the mall to let my nephews run, since they'd been stuck in the house for a couple days. We went to Buffalo Wild Wings, then the mall, and Toys R Us. It was a lot for me and I found that out when I got home. Elijah slept most of the time. He used his stroller for the first time.
      Sunday, he turned a week old. He went to church for the first time. This was his outfit:
What can he do:
   He can flip from his belly to his back, left and right.
   He snorts when crying(totally adorable) and makes small whimpers.
   He is starting to get breastfeeding down.
   He had his first official pediatrician visit. We like our pediatrician. She said everything looked          good. He is a little jaundice, but she wasn't worried about it. Keep feeding him and giving him sunlight. He is 8 lbs 9 ozs(back up to birth weight). She even said at night he can go 3-4 hours without feeding! (Yay!)
   He would sleep through the night if I didn't wake him for feedings.
   He randomly smiles in his sleep.
   He knows who his mommy is and sometimes calms down for her only(melt my heart).

I feel very blessed and amazed at my little man. I thank God for him! 
"I prayed for this child and the Lord has granted what I asked of him." ~1 Samuel 1:27

No comments:

Post a Comment