Tuesday, July 23, 2013

1 Month

      Elijah is officially one month today! How is it that just a month ago I was in labor and waiting for his arrival? It doesn't seem like it's been a month. But alas, it has. The saying that kids grow up fast is true. I'm sure I'll be saying that for a long time!
     Elijah is doing great. A month ago he was 8 pounds, 8 ounces. Today he was 10 lbs 1.5 ounces. He is eating well and definitely gaining weight. Travis and I were just commenting today on how much he has grown! 
    Today was his Ears, Nose, and Throat appointment for his lip-tie. He definitely has a lip-tie. The doctor explained that to clip the lip-tie, he would need to put him under anesthesia. Also, the lip when cut bleeds a lot, so there could be a complication. He doesn't believe that the lip-tie significantly affects breast-feeding, although I disagree. He slips off while feeding a lot because his lip doesn't latch well. I also think he is a little gassy because he sucks a lot of air because of a poor latch. The doctor doesn't think the benefits outweighs the risks as of now. He said that if Eli ever goes under for tubes in his ears or to get his tonsils out, that they could also do his lip-tie at the same time. Right now, he just wants to keep an eye on it. Although I'd love to get it down, I agree with the doctor that the benefits don't outweigh the risks. With breastfeeding, I guess we will just have to try to work on his latch.
    I am doing well. Breastfeeding could go better on my end. I have had a couple blocked milk ducts. One hurt really badly. I have had a few other hiccups. I am dealing with engorgement in the morning. :( Breastfeeding tends to hurt due to our latch issues. I'm glad he is getting enough to eat, but man does it hurt sometimes. Just recently, my cramping returned! :( I can't believe I'm still healing from giving birth! Good news though, depending the day, my weight is between 207-204 lbs. This is under per-pregnancy weight. Most of all, I'm adjusting to much less sleep, I went from 8 hours to 4-5 hours a night. It's been rough, especially poor Travis. I am so exhausted!

One Month Pictures:
Happy Eli

What mom, you want me to look at the camera?

Big Yawns!



1 month:
  *Eli sleep from about 9 until 1-2ish, eats, and then sleeps again from anywhere 4-6ish.
  *Eli can lift his head for 10 seconds and move it both ways.
  * He does tummy time.
  * He can look at faces and sometimes will smile.
  * He loves his bouncer and will fall sleep in it. 
  * He hates getting in the carseat, but will fall asleep in it when riding in a car.
  * He likes to listen to music. He likes to be sung to.
  * Eli will stick out his tongue, make monkey lips, and has cute old man forehead wrinkles.

No comments:

Post a Comment