I can't believe how time has flown. How is he 3 weeks old already? I feel like time is already slipping away, especially since I only have until October to enjoy him full-time. I am irrationally sad about how time is flying. My baby boy is growing so fast!
He had his three week appointment today. He gained 8.5 ozs, so he is currently 9 pounds 1.5 ozs and in the 50%. He also gained 1/2 inch in length and is 21.5 inches long(68%). He is active and alert and looking good. We discussed him rolling over early and the pediatrician was concerned because it's way early. She asked if he rolled over from his arms being down and stiff. I told her that he gets kicking his little feet until he catches and rolls over. She said from looking at him, he looks okay and isn't as concerned. But I need to keep an eye on it. I mentioned that I thought he had a lip-tie. They confirmed it. They even had the head pediatrician look at it, which confirmed he had a thick lip-tie on the upper lip. This maybe the issue with our latching in breastfeeding. We have an ENT apt. in a month, but I hope to get in sooner. I'm hoping that after it's snipped that our breastfeeding will get better, because his latch will be better.
Here is his three week picture: How did he get so mature looking? He looks like a handsome little boy!
Here he is all ready for Travis' softball game:
New things for Mr. Eli:
* He can lift his head up for a few seconds and turn it both sides.
* July 3rd- He had his first bath.
* He is getting better at tummy time and not crying! :)
* Is starting to stay awake for longer periods of time!
* He will sometimes smile.
* He is starting to look at people and their faces for a few seconds.
* This weekend was his first softball game!
* He is latching better, but needs to learn to keep the latch.
I am so incredibly happy and excited about being a mom. Eli is such a good baby and really let's me sleep more than most moms. He gets up about every 3-4 hours and most times I have to wake him to eat at night. He is the most handsome little man and he gets complimented all the time. I think God just had extra time to make him so handsome!
How am I doing? Good. I am all healed up. My weight has been fluctuating between 212-207 lbs. Last time I weighed myself, I was 207. That is 2 lbs below my pre-pregnancy weight. I fit in all my old clothes. My back has been bothering me a little bit. I am up and around and feeling pretty good. Although, last night I think my hormones were out of wack and I felt nauseous and got a bad headache.
My biggest two things are being sooo exhausted, even though I get about 6 hours of sleep a night and I'm super emotional. I knew I'd be tired, but I didn't realize how tired I'd be. By the time Travis gets home from work and we eat, we have an hour or two before I conk out for the night. About 8:30, I'm out until Eli needs to nurse and then I go back to bed. I feel bad that I fall asleep and don't spend much time with my husband, but I just can't stay awake unless I get a nap during the day(which doesn't happened very often due to visitors, apts, or just the timing of nursing). Emotionally, I have ups and downs. I've cried over sweet things and cried over the fact that I am finally a momma. I get upset easily and get kinda jealous. Sometimes, I want Eli to myself. I explained it this way to Travis, for 10 months he was inside me, it's hard to share because I'm so use to him with me. I've also been anxious about me, Eli, and being a good mom. Being a mom is hard and it's a big adjustment. I thought I'd just slide into the role easily, but it's been rough, especially with breastfeeding issues. I worry about how breastfeeding is going, if he's getting enough, his diapers, ect. I sure do need to pray more and rely on God for things that are out of my control.


No comments:
Post a Comment