We got there a few minutes early and didn't get in until 15 minutes after our appointment, but it wasn't a big deal as we were excited to see our little bean! Then they called us back and a nurse got my vitals and asked me how I was doing and answered some of our questions. She also asked how far along, 6 weeks 3 days right? I said I thought I was a few days further along. Then she left. We waited a little bit longer and a nurse practitioner came in(at least that's what I think she was). She did the ultrasound in like two minutes. She measured the baby quickly. We listened to a faint heartbeat for 30 seconds. She didn't tell me anything about the heartbeat. Then said, it looks like there is a little blood around the sack, so stop taking aspirin. She said it maybe a blood vessel or it maybe a bruise. She said everything looks fine. She then asked when we could come in, I asked about Saturday. Since both my husband and I work it's hard to take off for these appointments. She was short with me and was like we don't do OB apt. on Saturday, because of staffing. So Wednesday it was at 3, so I only have to take a 1/2 day. Then she was gone. I started to cry and my husband was like it's okay everything with the baby is okay. That's all the matters.
But it rubbed me the wrong way. Why didn't she explain about the heartbeat? Was it good? Is it the correct number of beats? Then about the blood in my uterus. Is that normal? Is it a concern? She didn't explain anything. Ugh! I was soooo frustrated. I left frustrated and ready to cry. I about cried all day.
Then I saw our ultrasound and saw that at the bottom it said the heartbeat was 113 beats per minute. So, that is good according to Dr. Google. I eventually got online and asked my friends on my pregnancy board. They confirmed that it was a good heartbeat. They also explained that the heartbeat only takes a few seconds. This definitely made me feel better.
So, another ultrasound on Wednesday and hopefully our last one at the clinic and we can start going to an OB in town. I think they are hoping to hear a strong heartbeat on Wednesday. My first apt. at the OB is next Wednesday.
Ultrasound Pictures:
| The little white ovals are the heartbeats. |
No comments:
Post a Comment