Saturday, October 27, 2012

My first ultrasound!

         Thursday, I had my first ultrasound at the fertility clinic. My husband couldn't come with me as he didn't have any time to take off! But luckily, a really good friend of mine could drive me up! It really helped, as I was super worried. I had been having cramping and pain on one side. I was worried that I had an ectopic pregnancy or that we were going to go up there and they wouldn't see anything. I prayed to God to take away all my anxiousness and give me peace. But my worry prevailed. Thankfully, my friend and I could catch up on what we missed in the past year when she moved away. It took my mind off of the worry. She also has dealt with infertility, so we have a stronger bond then some of my friends. I feel so lucky to have a friend like her! :)
     After 1 1/2 hours, we finally made it to the fertility clinic. They got me right in. They surprised me that they were going to do more blood work! They did that, then I had my ultrasound. She looked at my ovaries and my right one has two huge cysts on it. She felt bad for me. She also told me I am not allowed to lift anything heavy for fear of ovarian torsion.
   Then she look at my uterus. She found one little yoke sack! This is what we saw:
The black spot is the yoke. She could faintly see a fetal pole, which I could not see. She said she saw a tiny flicker of a heart beat. It wasn't easy to see, I barely saw a flicker. She told me that everything looked great. The clinic had me as 5 days and 1 day, but the yoke sack looked larger then that. She printed out a picture of the ultrasound and told me I was due June 26th! What a perfect time, it's great for a teacher! Plus, I wouldn't be really pregnant during the hot summer!
    After she left, I almost cried. I was so much in aww that I am a mother! That I am making a baby and so far he/she is healthy! I can't believe it's happening! Thank God! I am so thankful to God for a good appointment. I am in aww of how a baby is made.
    My next ultrasound is Saturday, November 3rd. Thankfully my husband will be able to go with me and see the heartbeat. After you see a heartbeat, your risk of miscarriage decreases drastically. I think I will feel much better once I see the heartbeat.
    I am starting to allow myself to think of the future of the Baby Reeves. I am thinking about nurseries, pregnancy, and what is to come. After we went to the appointment, my friend and I bought a white maternity T-shirt. This is my plan:
I can't wait to start taking pictures and seeing the progression. Unfortunately, I am kinda chunky. My first few pictures was showcase my chunk, but hopefully I will really have that perfect pregnant belly!
     I hope to make my shirt soon and start taking pictures and telling everyone how it's going. But first I need to find a number stencil.
    Oh, and I called about my bloodwork and my beta numbers were over 8,000! Amazing. Apparently after they get so high, the fertility clinic doesn't call and tell you the numbers. More great news!

Pregnancy Stats:


How far along? 5 weeks and 3 days?
How big is baby? The size of a Appleseed
How I'm feeling? Good, overall
Weight?I actually lost two pounds since I found out. Probably since I wasn't hungry.
How I'm changing? N/A
What I miss? Nothing
Symptoms? I'm so tired! I fall asleep at 8:30 everynight! But then wake up at 4:30-5 every morning! My boobs are so sore. Other then that, I am sometimes get hit with nasea, But it's sooo worth it!
Cravings? None, I know that so far, Milk makes me sick to my stomach. I haven't been drinking much as I get so disgusted by it!
Highlights this week?  Seeing my baby for the first time. Actually knowing after 20 months, I am finally pregnant. I am in aww of God's timing and that I am a mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment