Wednesday, February 27, 2013

23 weeks


        Seventeen more weeks to go. I am getting overwhelmed. I have so much to get done in addition to work! I've been trying to get my registry done. My husband reminded me that we need to start working on the nursery. It's starting to get real! I have so much to do in 4 months! 
        Today I turned in my letter for 6 weeks maternity leave. This plus the summer should give me about 3 months off, depending when he is born. I'm so looking forward to taking time off, although coming back will be hard. Hopefully they get me a good sub so I'm not coming back to a mess! My maternity leave just has to get approved by the school board, which I'm sure it will be. 
       I am also been really moody. I've been having moments when I'm sad. I don't really have a reason why, but I get overwhelmed and scared about this new journey. I've always wanted to be a mom, but now that it's here, I'm scared. I'm nervous. Birth scares me! There are so many things that can go wrong. Breastfeeding intimates me. I so want to do it, but it's another thing that is scary. I haven't sign up for classes, but plan to do it soon. Hopefully they will help me feel more comfortable about both. I worry about being a good mom, I've struggled so much with depression, that I've scared that will impact my child. I worry about Postpartum Depression. I worry a lot, more than I should. I realize that I need to lean on God and trust that he has prepared me for this. I need to give my fears to him.
   


Stats! How far along? 23 weeks
How big is baby? Grapefruit (12 inches and over a 1 pound)
How I'm feeling? Moody, Emotional

Weight? 216 lbs.
How I'm changing? My baby bump is getting big. I get out of breath easily.
What I miss? Not sure
Symptoms? tired, nightmares, hip/back pain, heartburn

Cravings? Anything sweet!
Highlights this week: Feeling him move a lot. Getting my letter in for my maternity leave.



**PS Don't mind the tired look on the photo. I haven't been sleeping well and I didn't get this picture taken until 7pm. I've had a long day and I'm exhausted!






No comments:

Post a Comment