Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Gender Reveal and 20 weeks!!!

          Here was everyone's guesses: 14 people said boy and 6 said girl. I guessed a girl and my husband guessed a boy! My husband was right! We are having a BOY!!!     
             Yesterday was amazing! We went to our anatomy and sex scan. My sister told me to drink some juice to wake the baby up for the scan and I did. He was soooo active. But we still got the goods! We were worried that with all his wiggling that we would not get to find out the gender, but luckily we had a very good ultrasound technician. He was wiggling and moving from front to back and all over! He is breech when we did the scan, so we did not get to see his face. He was face down the entire time!
       We got to see all of the intrinsic parts of him. I got to see all four chambers of his heart, it was strong and healthy. We took two heartbeats and one was 171 and the other 168. We looked at his brain. We couldn't see all of it because he was facedown. We looked at his spine, legs, and feet. His feet and hands were soo little. He tugged at his ear at one point. It was adorable. He also did the downward dog at one point. He also was kicking my bladder the entire time!! I had to pee so bad, I actually made the tech stop close to the end to let me pee!
     The technician could not see his face or part of his brain. She said our doctor would probably send us down in 4-6 weeks for another ultrasound. Although I want to see him again, the thought of drinking large amounts of water and holding it in is not so fun. I couldn't hold it in for an hour and kept peeing, then chugging water. This caused me to have to pee all night every hour! It was not fun!
   We also found out that my placenta is anterior. This means it is in the front, so it maybe harder for me to feel him kick and move. I think though that I have felt him move occasionally. It's so light that I second guess myself.

Here are our ultrasound pics:
 



































Here I am at 20 weeks. I'm getting big!

Stats! How far along? 20 weeks (Halfway there!!)
How big is baby? A banana (6 1/5 inches and 12 ounces)
How I'm feeling? I'm feeling pretty good. I have had a couple uncomfortable nights, so a little tired.

Weight?  209 lbs.
How I'm changing? My bump is getting bigger and starting to get in the way!
What I miss? Nothing big!
Symptoms? Exhaustion, dry skin, hip/back pain(It's getting better), Heartburn

Cravings? n/a
Highlights this week: Finding out we are having a boy(2/5/13)!!!




My prayer today:
Lord,
   I thank you for our baby boy! He is growing so big and strong inside me! I am amazed at how big he has gotten in 3 months! We saw you workmanship; his heart, brain, spine, tiny hands, feet and even an ear. He is beautiful! I feel so blessed! I thank you for this incredible gift. I will take the aches and pains for this beautiful little boy. I am so thankful that he is healthy. He was so active inside of me. I am just in awe.
    Please protect him as he grows. Help him to grow properly and strong. Help me through all these changes that my body is going through and help me prepare for this little boy.
    Amen    

No comments:

Post a Comment