Wednesday, May 8, 2013

33 weeks and 7 to go!

           This week has been crazy and my body is definitely feeling it. I feel very busy between softball starting up, birthing classes, and trying to get things done before Eli gets here(not to mention work). I'm learning to take more breaks and sometimes just stopping what I'm doing. Everything is catching up to me. I've decided that I need to slow down. The third trimester fatigue has hit me. I'm exhausted by the end of the school day! BUT it's all worth it. Eli is growing and will be here before I know it.

       This week, my husband suddenly decided that we needed to paint the nursery. It's logical since everything is out of the nursery for the carpet cleaning. We went back and forth between doing and not. First, we thought we wanted a blue color, but in the end we decided on grey. This is the grey we chose:
It's a little more bluish in person. This is our bedding:
This will be adorable! Our Superhero bedroom is slowly coming together!

               Eli continues to move a lot. He is enjoying moving across my belly all the time! Unfortunately, room is getting hard to come by and he tends to stretch my belly when he moves. I still believe he is head down and is constantly throwing his butt into my upper left belly. It can be very uncomfortable, but at the same time I smile because he is growing and healthy! At first, him moving inside me really freaked me out, but now I enjoy it. It still feels weird when his head moves! But it helps reassure me that he is growing healthy. I love watching my belly dance after I eat.


              Yesterday was our first birthing class. It is a long class: 3 hours, fortunately for me it ended early last night. There were 7 other mothers there also. I didn't learn anything yesterday that I didn't learn from reading, but I suspect that I will learn a lot in the coming classes. I am excited to take the tour of the maternity ward. My husband was less than enthusiastic about the breathing activities, but I think I can say the same about me. They wanted me to relax while lying on my side on the floor. It wasn't happening, my hips were grinding into the floor. I am excited about the next few classes!
       
     PS: Eli went to his first Superhero movie, in utero. We went to Iron Man 3 this weekend. It was a good movie. But it will probably be my trip to the movie theater until after Eli is born. I was a little uncomfortable!


Stats! How far along? 33 weeks
How big is baby? Durian Fruit (17.2-18.7 inches long and 4.6-5.8 lbs)
How I'm feeling? Exhausted and uncomfortable!
 What I'm most excited about: EVERYTHING!!!!
Weight?  226.4 lbs.(I think my scale is lower than the doctor's office)
How I'm changing? My bump continues to grow and ankles are starting to swell a little bit.
What I miss?  Sleep and being comfortable
Symptoms? Exhausted, dry lips, back pain, heartburn!!!, emotional, Braxton Hicks, slight cankles at the end of the day, nerves being hit! Cravings? Anything sweet!   Highlights this week: Our First Birthing Class Something I've done to prepare for baby: Picked out our paint for the nursery! Special gifts or things I've gotten for the baby: 2 sleepers for him from the consignment shop
 Special moment: Just the continuation of feeling him move and grow. It's so special. I keep thinking about how amazing this process is and that I can't wait to hold him. I get teary eyed over it!

Eli went to his first superhero movie, Iron Man 3, in utero!

No comments:

Post a Comment