Wednesday, May 22, 2013

35 Weeks/ 35 days left!!!

       I can't believe I have 35 days left! Wahoo! I'm so excited for Eli to be here, but oh so nervous at the same time.
     Yesterday was my doctor's appointment. Everything looks good. His heart rate is good and I'm measuring on track. I had an emotional day. I guess I expected my doctor to spend more time with me and to explain everything that is going to happen. I asked him a couple questions, I felt like he saw them as stupid questions. I felt awful leaving the doctor's office. I guess in retrospect, I might have done better with a midwife as they usually spend more time with you. But hey, I have 5 weeks left and I know he in a very good doctor. Some of it was I felt that he forgets that I am a first time mom, but I think the fact I am still really anxious about the delivery. 
         After talking to Travis, I realize how anxious the delivery is making me. I am a type A personality and want EVERYTHING planned out. But having a baby throws a wrench into that. There is no knowing when he is coming or how he is coming. I don't know if it will be a normal delivery or if I will need a procedure to help me! I don't know what to expect and in turn it scares me!
       My birthing classes helped a lot last night! They went through the whole process of delivery of what to expect when we got to the hospital to when he leave. They explained that they did hydrotherapy, which makes me excited. They have a hydrotherapy tub! They also do skin-to-skin afterbirth and wait for the blood to transfer before cutting the umbilical cord. All these things help to ease my anxiety. I am starting to think about doing hydrotherapy to see if I can make it through the labor and birth without an epidural. So many things make me anxious about the epidural, but I am a BIG WIMP when it comes to pain. We also got to tour labor and delivery. It was nice to see it before I get there to give birth. We also discussed all the procedures and why they would be done. This also calms me a little bit. 
      I have to remember that God is ultimately in control. I have no control over what happens during Eli's birth or when he is coming. AGAIN, I have to remember to look to the throne and trust in HIM. All this worrying is getting me nowhere, but making me upset and emotional. I just need to pray and trust in God.
       "Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."  Phil 4:6-7 NIV
       In other news, Eli's nursery is coming together! Travis worked very diligently this weekend! He really is a great husband. Saturday, he did some touch-ups on the walls. Then Sunday, we worked together to put the crib and the changing table together. Then his dad came up to help put up crown molding and baseboard. His dad brought baseboard, but realized that it was the wrong color(creme instead of white) and the crown molding was not going to work. Apparenly, our walls don't have the proper studs to put it up. So, Travis and his dad tracked to LOWES and got the correct baseboard. They got the baseboard put up, but it wasn't easy. Travis still needs to paint it and do a couple touch ups around the ceiling, since we are putting up crown molding. We hope to get Eli's nursery done by Memorial Day. I also hope to have my hospital bag packed by then as well. So much to do in so little time. He'll be here before I know it.
Here is our crib and changing table put together! Don't mind the stained carpet. We tried a professional carpet cleaner, and it still didn't come up! Hopefully my rug will cover it!


Stats! How far along? 35 weeks
How big is baby? Coconut (17.2-18.7 inches long and 4.6-5.8 lbs)
How I'm feeling? Exhausted and anxious/nervous!
What I'm most excited about: Holding him!!!!
Weight?  229 lbs. (I only gained about 1 pound since my last doctor's visit.)
How I'm changing? My bump continues to grow and ankles are starting to swell every night after school
What I miss?  Feeling normal?

Symptoms? Exhausted, dry lips, back pain, heartburn!!!, emotional, Braxton Hicks, Cankles, dizziness, and headaches
Cravings? Anything sweet!    
Highlights this week: Doctor's Apt., getting the crib and changing table done!
Something I've done to prepare for baby: Third Birthing class, Work on the nursery
Special gifts or things I've gotten for the baby:  N/A
Special moment: Realizing that this is really happening!

2 comments:

  1. make a birth plan and consider hiring a doula, it's not too late, that way you can have the birth you want and have less of a chance of needing an epidural! You can do it! This also make me thankful for our midwife, i ask tons of "stupid" ftm questions and never feel like she's bothered by them! I can't wait to see pics of Eli!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You Live and Learn! I am going to make a list of questions to ask him at my next appointment and hopefully that will work better. I am still conflicted on what kind of birth plan I want, but plan on figuring that out! I can't wait for Eli either! I'm so excited for you and your baby girl too!

    ReplyDelete