Wednesday, May 29, 2013

36 Weeks!

        This weekend was BUSY! Travis really wanted to finish Eli's nursery and we worked hard! Our furniture is in place and secured. I washed blankets, sheets, towels, washcloths, clothes, ect. I put his bedding on his crib. I folded and put away so much! We put up shelves and pictures. But we aren't done yet and I'll take pictures when we are done! It's very cute and I love it all ready!
    Monday, we had the pleasure of having a dear friend of ours take our maternity photos. We had a blast doing them and are very lucky that our friend was willing to do it for us. I think we took a couple hours. It was up on her property on an absolutely gorgeous day! We were laughing and enjoying the sunshine. I am just amazed at God's goodness and faithfulness. Here we are just weeks before our little miracle comes! I feel like the photos are really celebrating the journey and it makes me smile. Here are a few of our pictures:

My belly says "fearfully and wonderfully made." It's from Psalm 139!


       Also, yesterday was our last birthing class. It was great! We learned about C-sections and newborns. I got to ask a couple of my questions and had them answered. I learned that we can have Greater Valley EMT check our car seats to make sure they are secure. I don't trust myself to do it completely correct, so it will be good to have our friend, who works there, check our car seats. We learned all about different other newborn things. They apparently are kinda grey when born and have a waxy coating on them. All new information to me! We also learned how to get a pediatrician. I think we know who we are going to choose. I need to do a lot of reading! I need to read more about shots and decide what we want to do. I know that I am going to get all his vaccines, but there are many ways of administering them(at different ages and/or spacing them out). I definitely need to read more about it and ask more questions. There is this whole new journey that we are embanking on with so many new questions and new challenges!

 Stats! How far along? 36 weeks
How big is baby? Honeydew (17.2-18.7 inches long and 4.6-5.8 lbs)
How I'm feeling? Exhausted and anxious/nervous!
What I'm most excited about: Holding him!!!!
Weight?  229 lbs. (I guess I didn't gain any weight this week?)
How I'm changing? My bump continues to grow and ankles are starting to swell every night after school
What I miss?  Feeling normal?

Symptoms? Exhausted, dry lips, back pain, heartburn!!!, emotional, Braxton Hicks, Cankles, dizziness, and headaches
Cravings? Anything sweet!    
Highlights this week: Maternity Photo Shoot
Something I've done to prepare for baby: Last Birthing Class, Nursery is pretty much together
Special gifts or things I've gotten for the baby:  N/A
Special moment: Maternity Photo Shoot

No comments:

Post a Comment