Wednesday, May 15, 2013

34 weeks and 6 weeks to go!

      It is hard to believe that a year ago I was crying on Mother's Day and feeling like I was never going to be able to share this joy. Here I am a year later 8 months pregnant. I may complain and whine and seen ungrateful, but I am grateful for this little miracle. I feel so blessed and so excited to be a parent. My husband got me a heart necklace for mother's day with a really sweet note. His note could is better than any Hallmark card!
     This Mother's Day I spent 2.5 hours in Labor and Delivery. Thursday through Sunday, I got really dizzy when walking/standing and a few strong headaches. Friday morning, I lost partial vision in my left eye for about a minute. It freaked me out. I don't know if it was due to my pure exhaustion of not sleeping for three days or something else. I finally decided to call on Sunday and they had me come in as a precaution. They hooked me up to fetal monitoring. I got to listen to Elijah's heartbeat for a good half an hour or so. That was pretty cool to hear his heartbeat for sooo long. They checked my blood pressure and it was normal. They checked for contractions, which was zilch. I didn't expect any. They checked my urine, which turned out fine. They did my first internal, and it was normal. Everything checked out normal. So the doctor explained that some women, especially those on their feet all day, get dizzy spells while pregnant. I guess I am one of those women! They just told me to come in again if I lost vision or if anything else weird happened.
     Yesterday was my second birthing class. We learned all about labor. They showed pictures of what happens in each stage of labor and of how the baby comes out. Yikes! I am a little freaked out! Labor and Delivery is freaking me out! I know millions of women do this all the time, but it's scary! I hope when I learn more next week, I will feel better. Next week, we are learning about the different procedures and such. Then we are hopefully touring Labor and Delivery in the hospital. I'm excited for that!


Stats! How far along? 34 weeks
How big is baby? Butternut Squash (17.2-18.7 inches long and 4.6-5.8 lbs)
How I'm feeling? Exhausted and anxious/nervous!
What I'm most excited about: Holding him!!!!
Weight?  227 lbs.
How I'm changing? My bump continues to grow and ankles are starting to swell every night after school
What I miss?  Feeling normal?

Symptoms? Exhausted, dry lips, back pain, heartburn!!!, emotional, Braxton Hicks, Cankles, dizziness, and headaches
Cravings? Anything sweet!    
Highlights this week: Mother's Day
Something I've done to prepare for baby: Second Birthing class
Special gifts or things I've gotten for the baby: N/A
Special moment: Watching him move in my belly and enjoying this feeling! :) He is moving a lot still! It feels like he is doing somersaults at times!

No comments:

Post a Comment