Sunday, October 14, 2012

A Trip to the ER

  Last night, I found myself in the ER. I was not happy about it, as my husband's grandfather was sent to the ER and was there for over 12 hours. I did not want to wait that long!
   About 5:30 last night, I felt a stab of pain in my pelvic area. It sent me to my knees! My husband and I were getting ready to leave to spend some time with our good friends and I really wanted to go. We went over possiblities of what it could be. It could be a kidney stones, as I have had one before as a teenager. My husband gave me some cranberry juice and water and told me to drink up. I tried to stand as I drank. I ended up sitting in the chair. It hurt so bad. I was in tears. My husband was like maybe its something else. I was in constant pain for 30 minutes, until we decided to go to the ER. We thought it might pass, but it never did. My husband called our friends to let them know we were coming. (:() Then we got into the car, which was wasn't easy for me. It hurt to sit normally and had to sit awkwardly.
     We finally made it to the ER and my husband let me out at the door. Mind you, I've been crying and my face was probably red and teary. The nurses immediately took me to get looked at. I have a temperature of 100. I told the nurse I could sit on the chair easily. They got me checked in. The nurse said she would see if they could get me a bed so I didn't have to sit.
    They found me one in a hallway! I laid on a gurney in a hallway. A person came and got bloodwork. Another nurse came and got my information with another gurney not far from us with another patient. I felt a little violated that I didn't get a private area to talk about what was going on. I told her that I had been taking Clomid, but she didn't seem concerned about it. I was concerned about it, as it can cause ovarian cysts. She left and there was a trauma. Every one of the nurses and doctors got busy and we just sat there, which I do understand. Those people need urgent care, but I felt like we were forgotten.
    Finally the PA came and said my bloodwork didn't show any signs of infection. But my pregnancy test was too early to say if I was pregnant or not pregnant. The numbers were low. So, they couldn't give me any pain medication, except Tylenol(which I had already taken). Then a male nurse brought me two cups of water and told me to drink up for an ultrasound. Two minutes later the other nurse brought me a pee cup and wanted a sample. I was like, which one should I do? She was like try and if not, wait until after the ultrasound. Good thing my husband gave me water to drink earlier, so I could fill it up. I waited to give it to the nurse, but another trauma happened. And we sat there. At least, I was feeling less pain. I wasn't in constant pain and it only hurt when I sat in certain positions or moved in a certain way.
      I waited a half an hour and had to pee sooo bad. I could not hold it anymore. I went. Then the male nurse walked by and I asked him for another cup of water. I drank one, and he came to take me to my ultrasound. The ultrasound technician checked everything. She showed me that I had a 2cm cyst on my left ovary, but it wasn't a concern. BUT on my right I had a 6cm cyst! Holy cow! That is huge. She said it was bigger then my uterus. I asked her if that could cause me pain, she was like "yup." Mystery explained. I had a couple smaller cysts on my right ovary as well. She then took me back to the ER.
    I wasn't there for two minutes and they came and took me again to the ultrasound. I told the male nurse, it was like Deja vu! I guess the radiologist wanted to see if my ovary was twisted and to check the bloodflow. We checked the bloodflow and it was good. We got taken back to our gurney in the hallway, except it was bare. I guess they thought we checked out? We sat there for results. Our Children's Ministry Pastor had seen my post that I went to the ER and came to check on us. He stayed with us and talked as we waited for results.
     The PA came and explained the results to us. I had a ruptured cyst and the fluid was floating inside me. This is what caused the pain and would still be tender. She said there wasn't anything they could now for me, except to tell me to take Tylenol. She said to follow up with my fertility clinic and that I was to take a mandatory 2 day bed rest. No going to school on Monday. I have an IEP meeting scheduled and it's due like the 19th, so I was a little worried. Well, could I just do one day, I asked. She said she really wanted me to do two days, especially if I am pregnant.  She said she would share all the information with my fertility clinic. I was freaking out about the IEP(that's just how I am). The pastor asked me, "What is really important?" He is right, my health and potential health of my baby. He prayed with us and left. I am grateful that someone(who barely knows us) would come and pray with us during this ordeal. We got our discharge papers and left about 9:30. So, 3 1/2 hours isn't that bad in our ER.
    Today, I am tired. I couldn't sleep with so many thoughts going through my head and I was uncomfortable in certain spots. I am okay, especially with Tylenol in my system. I am a little freaked out about my meeting tomorrow. But, it can be rescheduled. I have to remember what is more important!
      
   

No comments:

Post a Comment