It's a blog about my journey through infertility with PCOS to expanding our family. We may have ended our infertility journey, but a new one has started with our little miracle.
Sunday, October 21, 2012
We have some great news!
I'm sure a lot of you want to know the story behind our announcement! First of all I feel like a lot of people think I'm crazy for announcing so early, but the truth is I couldn't keep it in. Especially with people asking how things were going because of this blog. I definitely couldn't keep it in for 3 months! Also, my husband's and my thoughts were that if we announced now people who had been praying for a baby, knows that our prayer was answered! If we do lose the baby, my husband says at least I will have support. So, I maybe crazy, but I am a very happy crazy person right now.
So... how did we find out. Last weekend, when I was in the ER they gave me a beta test. This test measures the amount of the hormone human chorionic gonadotropin (better known as hCG). In pregnancy, the amount doubles about every 2-3 days. Well, my number was 32. The ER said they wouldn't confirm until 50. We, being anxious, searched google. On google, a prominent pregnancy association claimed that anything over 25 was pregnant. We were cautiously excited.
We think it was on Sunday morning, that I took a pregnancy test(it got a little fuzzy). It was a faint positive. But still a positive! We were over the moon. I took it at 4:30 in the morning, since I've been waking up so freaking early. I went back to bed giddy and my husband asked what was wrong. I replied, "I'm pregnant." His reply... "Cool." I was like, "really, cool?" He responded, "It's 4:30 in the morning!" He is not a morning person.
Monday, I cried on and off day. I prayed to God. I thanked him! I was ecstatic! Even though it was early, I knew I was I pregnant. I thanked God a bunch of times on Monday and have everyday since. I am so thankful that God would chose me to be a mommy! He has blessed me with a gift! Even though, she/he is the size of an apple seed, I believe the baby is an actually baby. I believe one way or another, that I will see this little baby. I am so happy.
On Tuesday, I had my official beta test. My numbers were 112!!! It more than tripled! We were again cautiously excited. We told our close friends and family. We thought that the ones that had supported us and prayed for us deserved to know!
On Thursday, I had my third beta test and it was 284.1!!! The nurse told me that they were beautiful numbers. She told me congratulations and told me that I needed to schedule an ultrasound next week. So, next Thursday I will have my first ultrasound. I will only be 5.5-6 weeks along, so I don't think I'll actually be able to see anything. But they can at least give me a due date and a little more peace.
The fertility clinic is 2 hours away, so every time I go I have to take a whole day off. I've already taken 4.5 days off due to fertility and my 1 bed-rest day. So, the said I could have someone in town do the ultrasounds, but I need to be established with the doctor. So, I called the OB office and guess what? The doctor I would like to have isn't taking new patients. The doctor I got, can't get me in until the middle of November after I am 9 weeks! The fertility clinic drops me at 8 weeks! I couldn't believe that it would take so long! So.... I will have to continue to go to the fertility clinic for my ultrasounds, I am hoping I can get them in the late afternoon for the next one. That way I only have to take a 1/2 day. BUT it all is worth it, because I am PREGNANT!!
So, what symptoms have I had? Due to the progesterone gel, I think my pregnancy symptoms got enhanced. But about Sunday- Tuesday, I was majorly uncomfortable. I was nauseous. I even was having a bit of insomnia. I wasn't hungry. I had sore breasts, which has only gotten worst. Currently, I am really tired, falling asleep at 8:30, have periods where I am hungry and periods where I can't stand the thought of eating food, heartburn(which I only get once in a blue moon and I've had it twice since Monday)and sometimes nausea just hits me for a minute or two. I am so thankful for these symptoms, because it means I am pregnant and that everything was worth it. I know people who would die for these symptoms, just to know they are pregnant. So, I am thankful!
God is good! He answered my prayers and the prayers of all our friends and family that took the time out of their busy schedule to pray for us! I am so thankful!
Psalm 28:7 "The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song."
Psalm 118:21 "I will give you thanks, for you answered me; you have become my salvation."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment