Today was a horrible day with an okay ending. Today I went to my appointments today. I first got lost on my way to the hospital to get my blood drawn. It was at a hospital that I was unfamiliar with. The GPS took me to a human resource building, instead of the hospital. I ended up at the "medical center." I got in and got my blood drawn and was on my way!
I drank water all the way to the ultrasound! I had to pee so bad and ended up peeing before I got there and rehydrating again. The ultrasound technician was very sweet. She explained that I had 2 huge 2 1/2 follicles on each ovary. Unfortunately she told me that they were cysts and had me worry that they would have to be drained first before I could move on. I was so worried about this!
Then my HCG shot drama. Last Saturday when I when to pick up my HCG shot, I was told it couldn't be filled because it didn't have specific directions on it, so the fertility clinic had to give more specific directions. I was told to call the fertility clinic and have them call the pharmacy. I called them on Monday and expected to pick it up on this past Sunday. When I went yesterday to pick them up, the pharmacist said the insurance wouldn't cover it because the order was put in wrong. He said he'd work on it and call me back. Then I got a call from him and he said I had to call some company to ship it to me. I called them today and asked them if we could make an exception as I'd need it soon. They referred me to the insurance company. The insurance company said it wasn't covered at all. At this point, I am in tears. I have been given the run around and I am emotionally exhausted!
I decide to go talk to the pharmacist and see if I could get any information. She told me that the only way I could get it covered was to go to the doctor's and have them inject it in the office. I then asked how much it was without insurance, she said they would have to order it and she maybe able to get it tomorrow and it would be 70$. Okay, I could deal with that at this point. I went to school.
Cue 2pm. The fertility calls my cell during school. I really wanted to pick up, but I waited until the end of the school day to call them back. The first thing they said was that the follicles looked great, my levels in my blood work was great and I should trigger with the HCG shot tonight. The huge cysts were follicles after all! The IUI would be tomorrow. I almost cried. I explained everything to her, she put me on hold. She came back and said that I should monitor myself with OPKs and call her when positive to either do an IUI or TI(naturally). I got off the phone and cried. This wasn't how it was suppose to be. What if I didn't ovulate on my own? What if they turned into cysts?
The pharmacy called and said that the HCG shot was on hold as the supply is low in the US. The soonest I would be able to get it was in 7 days. I called my husband and cried on the phone with him explaining my frustrations. He said he would call the hospital pharmacy to see if they had the medicine on hand. He did and they did have it. Sooo... I drove to Wal-mart and picked up the script. I ran over to the hospital with the script. First that pharmacy said the insurance wouldn't cover it. They tried my secondary insurance, and again it wouldn't cover it. The medicine was 197 dollars. The pharmacist felt really bad and gave me a new price of 157. I can't believe medicine costs this much! I paid for it and went on my way.
Meanwhile I had been trying to get a hold of the nurse to make an appointment for the IUI. I left a message and was suppose to get a hold of my in 30 minutes. It was almost an hour before I heard back from her. I was so anxious and upset. She explained that it was all a go then! IUI tomorrow!
Next hurdle, the shot. I was a little nervous. The first thing my husband wanted to do was to give me the shot. He was actually jumping up and down excited to give me the trigger. I was a little nervous. We followed each step of the directions. I was a little nervous when my husband put the WHOLE needle in my stomach. I started crying and was scared that he punctured something!
Today was awful. I have never been so frustrated and upset. The Clomid probably heightened my emotions. I cried a lot. BUT tomorrow starts a new journey that hopefully ends in a miracle(or two)!
On a side note, I hate CLOMID! I have been soooo sick! I have been so
tired and nauseous for the past 4 days! I have felt so sick! The nausea
would just hit me out of the blue. Friday, I fell asleep at 8 pm! I
spent most of Saturday sleeping. Yesterday I was exhausted!
Sorry it's sooo long! I will try to keep it short tomorrow! I will update it tomorrow!
That sounds very frustrating, but you survived and are on your way to the IUI! Can't wait to hear how it goes!
ReplyDeletewww.auntmimi2010.blogspot.com