I haven't said much lately, I've been so busy with paperwork from school. The Clomid had made me sicker than a dog. I was nauseous for about 2 weeks straight! Then after that my low back was in constant pain. It hasn't been the best two weeks. I am also taking a progesterone supplement to help prevent miscarriage. The progesterone makes me feel pregnant with all the "normal" pregnancy signs. But I know it's for show. I took a test today, although I am only 9 or 10 days past ovulation. It was negative, but I am still hoping it's too early. Tuesday, I go for my first beta test. I will know whether it worked or not. No news is good news.
About a week and half ago, I got my results back from the genetic testing. Everything was clear, except I am a carrier for cystic fibrosis. What a scary thing! Apparently 1 out of 29 Caucasian Americans are a carrier of cystic fibrosis. If both you and your partner have the carrier of CF, then you have a 25% of having a child with CF, 50% of passing on the gene of CF, and 25% of passing on nothing. Those odds scared me! My husband had to go and get a blood test to see if he was a carrier. If he was, we might have some big decisions ahead of us. If not, I would be relieved! I worried, I didn't trust God. I worried some more.
Finally today, we got a message that my husband's blood work was on online to check. We checked it out and it was free and clear! He was negative for CF carrier! Wahoo! Praise Jesus! I thanked God over and over today. I am so relieved that I don't have to make decisions I don't want to! I don't have to worry that I have 25% chance of having a child with CF. Don't get me wrong, if we do have a child with some sort of disease or disability, we will love them very much. But like every parent, I want a healthy child.
No comments:
Post a Comment