Today was a good day! This morning I started my day with my prayer journal. I told God that I was nervous and excited for today. I thanked him for my doctors and nurses that have brought me this far. I thanked him for the technology to do an IUI. I prayed that if this is his will, we would have a little miracle. If it wasn't to comfort my husband and I. I told him today was his day.
We traveled 2 hours to our fertility clinic. We had to leave at 7am(ugh!). It was a beautiful drive full of colorful tree lined highway. We got there around 9 and had to turn in Travis' contribution. They told us we had another 45 minutes. They pointed us to a diner down the road. We went and had a small breakfast at the diner. I am still feeling nauseous. I ordered a plain bagel with cream cheese. They game me a bagel with a ton of butter and cream cheese. Who puts cream cheese on a bagel that has butter already? I could eat one side, but it made me nauseous.
We returned and enjoyed some couple time on the couch in the waiting room. They finally called us back about 10am. The nurse went over the number of sperm in my husband's contribution. It was 24 million! Wow! That just seems so crazy! The nurse said they like anything over 20 million. My husband kept saying he was "a winner!" I told him we just needed one winner. With those numbers, you'd think we wouldn't have any problems getting pregnant.
The nurse went over everything before she did it. It amazes me the technology we have to do ultrasounds and IUIs. She told me I had a cooperative cervix. Which of course, my husband laughed about and kept badgering me about it. They had me lay down for 15 minutes. We had an intimate moment, just holding hands. My husband is a very funny man and kept making me laugh. We kept saying he was a winner! I am so lucky to have him!
We drove another 2 hours home. We talked about baby names, which we haven't done in a very long time. I can feel hope seep back into our lives. It was a bonding experience.
Now, it's being a patient and waiting to see if God blesses us with a little miracle. Maybe two since we did have 2 mature good looking follicles, but that is not very likely to happen.
I am very thankful for all the prayers from our supportive family and friends. I am very lucky to have so many loving people in my life. I appreciate the kind words and the hugs! I love hugs! I have one request of all my friends, please do not ask me if it worked or if I am pregnant. It will hurt to say so much to say it didn't work or I was not. I will shout it from the rooftops when I am ready if in fact I am pregnant. I appreciate it.
No comments:
Post a Comment